Chapter 3

I was lying on my bed, and it must've been around 8:30pm. When a text from an unknown number came through.

UNKNOWN: Hey, it's Harry!

SIMON: Hiii

HARRY: You free to meet up? I figured tonight was a good chance to catch up, I'm bored as fuck

SIMON: Yeah sounds good, where and when?

HARRY: Meet me at the entrance to my apartment block, I'm in Carlisle housing. Be there in ten?

SIMON: Sure, see you soon!

HARRY: :)

I got up and got some clothes from my suitcase - I still needed to sort out my wardrobe.

"Joshua, can you roll over? I'm gonna change." I said.

He rolled over, and as I was changing, he spoke.

"Call me Josh, I hate being called Joshua." He said.

"Sure, sorry, I just didn't know if a nickname or something was too much given that we've only really ever spoken properly today." I told him.

"Nah, you're good. I'd just rather be called that."

I put on a Korn hoodie, black skinny jeans, and my trainers.

"I'm heading out for a bit." I told him.

"Alright, just if you're coming back late, be quiet. I'm getting an early night." He said.

"Yeah, of course." I nodded before leaving.

I headed down to Harry's apartment block with my headphones in. The walk wasn't too long, I made it there first.

It was only five minutes later that Harry came out. He was wearing a blue hoodie and black shorts, his hair freshly styled.

"Hey." He grinned, walking up to my side.

"Hey, missing me so soon?" I flashed a grin back at him.

"Shut up. It's been too long since I last saw you. I was excited for us to catch up." He laughed, looking down at his feet, hands in his pockets.

"Well then, where are we headed?" I ask.

"I was thinking we could head to a bar, get something to eat, a few drinks, and have a talk." He said.

"Getting me out drinking on my first night of college? You're the same as I remember in high school." I grinned.

We began walking to the bar. When we arrived, we took a comfortable table in the corner. I checked our table number and we ordered our food and drinks.

"So, how was life for you in your last year?" He asked, sipping his beer.

"Interesting, to say the least." I laughed.

"I'll bet you're probably the first football team captain to come out as gay while in high school." He said.

"You heard about that? And that I was captain?" I asked in surprise.

"Well, of course, after all, I was captain before you. When I heard you were coming here, I checked to see how you were doing in the team that year, especially since I knew you'd sign up for our team here." He said.

"Where'd you hear about me coming out?" I asked.

"Some of the other people in my year who used to be on that team told me when they found out... It was brave as fuck you know." He looked up at me with a smile.

"Thanks, I just didn't see any reason to hide that part of me. And I didn't really come out, I was just casual and open about it. I didn't want to feel abnormal, which is how announcing it would've made me feel." I told him.

"No, I get that. If I dated a girl, nobody would bat an eyelid. But if I announced that I didn't want to date one, then it'd be putting a neon sign around your neck saying 'I'm just letting you know because I know it's weird'." He laughed.

"Exactly." I nodded.

"So, how was your first day? Is your roommate alright?" He asked.

"Well, I wasn't supposed to have one. But I got to my building, and Josh fucking Bradley was arguing with the staff about transferring but they wouldn't let them. He's my roommate." I told him, and his jaw dropped.

"No way, no fucking way. After all that shit?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes, way. We argued straight away, but we sorted everything out today. We're wiping a clean slate on the condition that I don't ever ask him why he hates me, which is weird, but I'll take it. I've gotta live with him. I did tell him that if he starts shit with me again, I expect him to tell me everything so we can sort it out, though." I explained.

"That's good, at least. You're being really mature about it. It always impresses me. That's why you deserved to be captain. You can look past emotion and make the best decision for the people around you." He smiled.

"Thank you, Harry. I try my best. I just want to be a good person for people to be around." I told him.

"Well, you certainly are." He grinned, clinking his glass against mine.

"You think I'm a good person?" I smiled.

"Of course I do. You were always one of my favourite people to be around, and you still are now. Hence, why I asked you out - I mean to hang out, like, you know -"

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were flirting with me, Harry." I smirked, one eyebrow raised.

He laughed, looking down. His cheeks warmed to a soft pink hue before he looked back up to meet my gaze.

"And so what if I was?" He smirked back at me.

"Then I'd say that might have something to do with why this is feeling a lot like a date." My grin widened.

"Oh, does it now?" He leaned forward, crossing his arms and resting them on the table.

I leaned forward, grinning.

"You know it does. You even styled your hair for me. You're still as cute as I remember." I smirked, delighting in the way his blush deepened.

"Shut up. And you didn't even know that I wasn't straight." He playfully glared at me.

"Yes, I did because you changed into a different outfit and restyled your hair since I last saw you." I grinned.

"Well, maybe it's just because I had a shower." He countered.

"You even showered for me? That's why you smell so nice."

"Simon." He groaned, hiding his face in his hands. "I'm a baby gay, I can't handle all this flirting."

"Don't worry, I'll go easy on you." I placed two fingers under his chin, grinning at him.

"Oh, jesus christ. I told myself I could do this because I've known you for ages, but I didn't know you could still make me feel this nervous." He looked down, fighting making eye contact.

"In a good way or a bad way?" I asked.

"A good way. You're kind of the guy who made me realise I was bisexual, so when I found out you were coming here, I was planning to ask you out. But I was too nervous and just asked to catch up, so I'm glad you caught onto the vibe." He smiled.

"Caught onto the vibe? There was nothing to catch onto. You did your hair, showered, just to go to a bar with me. Then accidentally said you asked me and turned the same shade of red as the lights above this nice, secluded, private table you chose for us." I grinned.

"Okay, you got me." He grinned back.