Chapter 13

The next morning, I woke up with a pounding head. I sat up groggily, hearing the door open and wincing as the lights got turned on.

"Morning, how's your head?" It was Harry.

"Feels like I got hit by a train." I grimaced.

"You drank a lot. How much do you remember of last night?" He asked.

"Basically nothing after beer pong. What happened?" I asked, getting worried now.

"Truth or dare. A girl kissed you. You looked like you wanted to die. JJ kissed me. He looked like he wanted to die. Josh kissed you. You looked pleasantly surprised. Then JJ made you two do 7 minutes in heaven. You came back, drank a shit ton more, and passed out. JJ and I brought you into this room, and we both stayed here the night. I think Josh went back." He told me.

"Wait, I kissed him? And JJ made us do what? What happened?" I asked, in complete shock.

"No clue what happened, but you were both pretty drunk, so probably something. It was only 7 minutes, though." He said.

"Shit, are you angry about that? Because I have no idea what happened, and I don't have feelings for him or anything." I said.

"No, no. I'm not angry, Simon. We're not exclusive. We were all drinking, and it was just a game." He assured me.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Simon, we're friends with benefits. We just agreed not to date anyone. But I don't mind stuff like what happened at the party. Your kiss with him was actually pretty hot." He laughed.

"Was it?" I grimaced. I was now worried about going back to my dorm and seeing Josh.

"It was. First time I've seen a submissive side of you." He grinned.

"Oh, fuck off." I groaned. "Was it actually that intense?"

"He stared at you like he was thinking about sleeping with you for the entire time after that." He laughed.

"I do not want to go back to my dorm now." I scowled.

"I'm gonna ask you a question, Simon. Just one, and I want you to answer it honestly." He said. "Does he have feelings for you?"

"I have no idea. I guess he must be attracted to me, but I have no idea if he feels anything." I told him honestly. "We didn't talk at all in high school, and we haven't been here that long."

"Are you certain?" He asked.

"I don't see how he could. If he did - oh, shit." I stopped for a moment. "He told me once that he picked on me because he had a crush on me. When we were talking out our problems after all those arguments. The only thing he wouldn't tell me is why my talking about you made him so uncomfortable."

"Simon, if he has feelings for you, I don't know if I want us to keep doing this. What we're doing, there's no strings. We could both go and do this with anyone else. I just feel a little uncomfortable being in a casual relationship with someone whose roommate has feelings for them." He said.

"Why? I don't have feelings for him. I promise." I told him.

"I know you don't. But I want to be friends with you, and he's your roommate, so he's a package deal. And you two have so much history that I'd just feel guilty doing this with you." He told me.

"His feelings for me are his problem. If he feels something for me after all this time, he needs to get over me." I said.

"Simon, I know you don't like him like that, so you're not doing fantastic at empathising. But you were hot in school just like you are now. He would never have stopped pining, especially at that age. And even if he stopped liking you, he kissed you last night. I guarantee you he's feeling a hell of a lot right now." He said. "We'll stay friends, of course. But we should probably stop what we're doing. You should probably go back to your dorm sooner rather than later, so you guys can talk if you need to."

"I don't even know what to say to him." I said.

"Well, you can be honest and tell him you don't remember last night. But don't be surprised if he tells you what happened, and it gets uncomfortable, which it will because you don't want to talk about it." He laughed.

"Okay, I'll just go and deal with it. I'll rip the bandaid off and just talk to him." I grimaced.