Chapter 30

Lily's POV

"We've been driving for hours, when are you going to tell me where we are going" I asked as I turned down the radio so he would be able to hear me speaking.
"New Castle" He said blankly as he wiped his hands on his trousers.
"J why the fuck are we going to New Castle"
"You'll see" He told me and then reached over to turn the music back up.
"What about Daisy, we have to be..." Jj then cut me off by saying "Daisy's fine, it's our night. We'll be back in a few hours".

I said nothing and instead turned my head to face the window and gazed at the many trees we passed. It was almost 9pm and my legs were killing me plus I was wearing a fkn dress which was so unbelievably uncomfortable, the last time I had worn a dress like this was before I fell pregnant and honestly looking back I had no fucking idea how I managed it.
5 minutes later we had finally driven into New Castle and as the time passed the more I realised how close we got to the beach.

"Why are we here J?" I asked as he drove the car into the carpark and parked it.
"Come on then" He told me as he unbuckled his seat belt, opened the door and walked round to the boot. I followed his actions and slipped my heels off because there was no way in hell I was walking in them especially on a fucking beach.

"You were right, It really is beautiful down here" He spoke as he grabbed a blanket from the bag he had retrieved from the boot of the car and laid it on the sand. He chucked me a pillow and started to light a few candles.
"I'm fucking starving, any food in your bag of wonders?" I laughed as I snatched the bag off him and opened it.
My jaw dropped as I saw a small black velvet box at one of the sides. Shit, I guess I wasn't meant to see that.
"You saw that didn't you?" He asked nervously and took the bag back off me.
"I did yeah" I replied as I looked out on to the ocean in hopes to calm my own nerves.
"Well erm... that ruins the surprise" Jj laughed as he took the box out of the bag, pulled me up by grabbing his hand and got down on one knee. The tears began filling up my eyes with a few already dropping down onto my cheek.
"This wasn't how I planned for this to go but urm I wrote something, c-can I tell you?" I nodded my head to say yes before he continued.

"I knew before I had even met you that I would love you until my last breath. Even by looking at the picture Harry had shown me, I could tell you had the kindest and most purest heart and that night we met, the first time I saw you was the moment I realised that I had to be with you and the funny thing was I didn't even know you yet. Lily we have been through a million highs and a million lows, through things that I haven't even forgiven myself for yet. There isn't anyone else in this world who I'd want to spend the rest of my life with and for that reason I want to ask you something" He wiped a few tears that had fallen away before opening the small, black velvet box which revealed the absolutely most fucking gorgeous diamond ring a had ever seen. My flew flew open as i began to nod my head vigorously.
"Will you marry me?" He asked with hope in his heart.
"YES! OH MY FUCKING HOLY JESUS YES YOU IDIOT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I jumped up and down, he stood up and slid the ring on my finger before pulling me in for probably the most passionate kiss we had ever shared.
"I love you, I love you so fucking much baby" He gushed.
"I love you too J, oh my god I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!" I kissed him again.

----------------

THIRD PERSON

So there we go, a new chapter of their lives was officially beginning. Lily being well Lily already had a million different ideas on how to plan the wedding whilst Jj sat admiring his fiancée.

"I was gonna do this whole big thing but..."
"I ruined it" She interrupted and giggled as she played with the ring that now sat on her finger, "Just a little bit, I'm glad you did though because I was shitting myself" He replied.
"Why?"
"Incase you said no..."
"J, do you really think after all this time I'd say no? Oh and with a speech like that I can't wait for the one at the wedding"
"I've already started it" He laughed lighly at the memory of him and Simon attempting to write a speech.
"I can't wait to tell my dad" She said as she pulled her phone out and took a few photos of the ring. "He already knows, I asked him" She turned to look over at Jj who had a huge smile on his face, he knew how much it meant for him to ask her dad for her hand in marriage. With Lily coming from a rather traditional family it was a must that if someone wished to marry a daughter then they would have to ask for permission and she was so unbelievably happy that Jj did that.
"You did! Awh babe thank you so much, I love you" She said as she leaned over, wrapped her hands around his neck and pulled him in for a kiss.