Chapter 11

I woke up the next morning, and sat up. Like a wave, the realization of what happened last night washed over me. I kissed my best friend. And he kissed me back.

"Oh My God." I sighed.

I saw steam come out of the bathroom door and then saw Trevor walk out, a towel wrapped around his waist and another in his hand, drying his hair.

I stared at his chest. Since when did he have that many... ABS? The last time I saw him shirtless was on a swimming trip when we were 10. He was a skinny guy with no muscle.

The years had certainly been kind to HIM.

He looked over at me and smiled weakly. I pointed to his chest and raised an eyebrow. "You don't have a shirt on." I whispered.

"I know." He smiled slowly. "I mean, it's not like you haven't seen it before."

"Yeah. But, you know, we were ten." I looked down, and played with my hair.

"So? It's not like I've changed that much." He shrugged.

I scoffed. "Suure. You're still weedy and nerdy. You're not all... muscley."

He laughed and put a shirt on. "There? Happy now? I've got a shirt on."

"I'm so much better now! Thank you!" I smiled.

"Now, turn around. Unless you want to see my... you know..." He shurgged. I turned around quickly and closed my eyes.

When he'd finished changing I sighed.

"We have to talk." I turned to him. He shrugged his shoulders but nodded.

"Sure.... This'll be fun." He sat on his bed. I sat beside him and stared at the ground.

"Jo?"

"Yeah?" I looked up at him.

"We aren't talking."

"I know. I don't know what to say." I admitted, groaning and lying down on the bed.

Trevor lay beside me, but propped himself up on an elbow. "We kissed, Jo."

I rolled my eyes. "No shi*, Sherlock."

"I mean, we actually, like, lip to lip." He said softly. "We can't avoid it."

"Well, what are we supposed to do?" I asked.

"Oh, I dunno... TALK?! You're not being very helpful!" He snapped.

"I can't talk! IT WAS STRANGE!"