Chapter 8

A/N: Check previous chapter author note if confused, thanks ~

-------

You awoke in a bed and groan as you rub your head. You sit up and notice your in a nice room on a soft plush bed.

 You sit up and notice your in a nice room on a soft plush bed

(Not my image)

You look around at the blue and bronze interior and get up realising I'm dressed in a nightgown. With furrowed eyebrows you walk to the window and opened the curtains. Upon seeing the garden and the greenhouse you knew you were at the Phantomhive home and that it was late morning, then the next thing crossed your mind....

Who the hell changed me?!

There was a knock at the door and you turned to see a woman with glasses and a maid outfit walk in.

"Oh good morning m'lady!" she exclaimed happily.

"Uh good morning.... Um I'm curious who changed me? " you asked.

"That was me, yes it was!" she responds.

"Oh... Thank you" you say.

She nods and places your reaper outfit with a letter on the bed.

"Sebastian cleaned your clothes and a letter came for you, yes it did" she says with a smile and nod "I will leave you to get dressed"

And with that she left. You sighed and went to the bathroom having a quick shower then got dressed back into your uniform. You sat down and picked up the letter and opened it curious as to who it is from.

Greetings my dear Y/N,

I apologise for how things have turned out. I have gone into hiding now and I'm not sure when or if we will meet again.
I understand you maybe very upset with me and may never forgive me but what I did broke many violations with the Shinigami code even as a deserter. I didn't want you involved and only wanted to protect you from getting you in trouble.

Anyhow, now my shop is uninhabited I heard there is one drowning victim that has turned up and a file obtaining information regarding a cult in the area. I would like you to go check on my guest and give Young Phantomhive the file  before locking it up for good.

Take care my dear Y/N.

Undertaker

Droplets fall onto the paper as you try to hold back a sob. You lip tremble and you let out a small whimper as you stayed staring at the letter in your hand. A knock at the door caught your attention and you look up to see Sebastian stood there. With a sniffle you quickly wiped your eyes as you put the letter back in the envolope where you noticed the shop key.

"Morning Sebastian..." you say, your voice sounding dull.

"Good morning Y/N" he replied as he walked over to you and hands you a tissue "are you hungry? If so I can make you some brunch"

"No thank you..." you say taking the tissue and wipe your eyes properly "I need to go to Undertakers shop... There apparently is one last guest that needs attending to... Also there is a file that I need to give to you and Ciel"

"I shall inform the young master and we can accompany you there" he tells you and you nod as you pick up the letter.

"It still feels all surreal... I really saw him like a fun older brother.." you say to the ranenette "I have soo many emotions....anger, sadness, betrayal... It's the same way I felt when Grell killed herself before she came back as a Shinigami..."

"If you don't mind me asking... How come you ended up a Shinigami?" Sebastian asks with genuine curiosity.

"Well me and Grell was always close. I accepted her choices no matter what. Biologically she is male but she feels better as a female.... I won't tell you her story as its not my place but yeah about a year after she 'died' I had these same emotions still which got worse when my parents realised that money was getting tight not having Grell assist with the income... So they decided to try marry me off in exchange for money... They found someone but he was a pig of a man who had 3 other wives and treated them more like slaves. I tried to tell my parents no but of course that wasn't an option. I tried running away multiple times but they found me everytime and beat me for it... I didn't want to live like that especially without Grell" you told him as you tried to swollow the lump in your throat as Sebastian say next to me "So two days before the wedding I went into my room with a glass of wine. I took out a vial of sleeping medicine and put it in the wine followed by the some crushed Monkshood petals and downed that drink without hesitation. I then got into bed and due to the dose of sleeping medicine I knocked out fast and died in my sleep... Until I woke up to William stood over me because I turned into a Shinigami but not like them cause well my eyes are E/C and I don't need glasses"

You took a breath in then out and fiddled with the envelope staring at your lap.

"That sounds like a very difficult situation you went through" Sebastian tells you while looking at you.

"Heh. Yeah it was but in the end I still got my freedom well to a point. I mean I'm away from that situation and although I have to do duties as a Shinigami it's not all too bad... The hardest part I will admit is when it comes to the children..." you say with a frown" I always wanted to be a mother so seeing that is hard"

"I can imagine. Contrary to belief us demons who have children actually really care for our offspring. I have witnessed even the strongest of Demons go on a rampage with the loss of their child" Sebastian mentions.

"And there is me being told your kind don't have emotions" you say with a smirk and weak chuckle which makes the male beside you let out a small chuckle.

"Not normally but it depends on how long we have been around humans and if they are our mate" Sebastian tells you.

"Huh. Well then Sebastian. I look forward to seeing your emotional development" you say with a smirk as you stand up "Now... Let's go talk to Ciel and get this shit show on the road"