Chapter 11

The trio follow you towards the chapel but on the way Sebastian raises an eyebrow and you notice.

"What's wrong?" you ask.

"I smell decaying apples" Sebastian tells you.

"Decaying apples? That's bizzare" you comments and he hums in agreement.

You enter the chapel and you, Gell and Sebastian sit right at the back while Ciel is sat at the front. Grell of course decided to cling to Sebastian arm and you glance at her as she is oblivious from the small glare your giving her and that feeling comes back. You look back at the front as the priest comes to the front. You can't hear him too well but you hear the words 'clean' and 'unclean' just as a young man and woman are brought up. You watch with bated breath as their clothes are stripped and you see the same symbol from the window is branded on their back. You then watch as the priest is handed a fairly large book that is rested on the podium.

"Hmm... I can't tell if that's the cinematic record.. It's too far for me to tell" Grell quietly tells you both.

You keep watching with furrowed eyebrows as the priest spouts stuff about sins and shit but you can't focus on his words as you watch the two cry and their bodies glow black as the window shows what seems like their cinematic record before the window suddenly seems to shatter. Your eyes widen and your sat their stunned as the two are taken away and everyone leaves the chapel. You don't move as you are still trying to process what happened and are unaware of Ciel approaching or your sister saying its not a cinematic record.

"Hm? Y/N?" Grell says and shakes you snapping you out of your stunned state "Are you okay baby sister?"

"H-huh? Wha-" you mumble as you blink your eyes and shake your head slightly.

"I have never seen you act like this before, your the more level headed one" Grell comments.

"I will admit. That was quite shocking to see" Ciel comments.

You nod and look behind Ciel to see a few members of the Chapel approach you all.

"You have been chosen to join Heavens Choir" one of the ladies say to Ciel.

"Please follow us" another says.

Ciel nods and follows them and after a few minutes Sebastian follows closely. You stand up and walk out of the Chapel to enter a courtyard needing some fresh air. You find a bench and take a seat where Grell sits next to you.

"What happened in there?" Grell asks going into older sibling mode "You basically froze and looked shell shocked"

"I-I don't know..." you stutter out.

"Did it bring up a suppressed memory or something?" Grell questions placing a hand on your shoulder.

"No. I guess it just was soo unexpected... I know we see weird and unexpected shit all the time but that was....different but I don't know how" you tell her "and to think there are children here witnessing this"

You feel your throat tighten as your eyes water up and Grell engulfs you in a hug which only makes the tears start to fall.

"Your motherly instincts are too strong baby sister. It's a good thing. You will make an amazing mother one day" Grell says while stroking your hair.

"T-Thank you Grell" you croak out as you try to calm down.

"What kind of big sister would I be if I didn't support and comfort you?" Grell says with a smile as you let go of each other.

"More of a pain in the ass than normal." you say with a small giggle.

"Oh you little shit" Grell says with a chuckle then takes out a hankey and dries your face and eyes "Now let's dry your eyes. It seems everyone else is going back inside"

You nod and head back into the chapel sitting back in your previous seats. You look around while awaiting for the priest and notice someone else there who wasn't before and you knew whatever happens next wasn't going to be good.