Chapter 24

It's been a week since you got married. You and Sebastian haven't really show affection to eachother. The only kiss you had was the kiss at the alter and after that you haven't done anything. You both haven't held hands or hugged and you still haven't slept in the same bed, well you knew Sebastian doesn't sleep but even if he was just laid next to you would be something. Most of it is because of your own doing because you still felt guilty being married to your sisters crush even though it was arranged and nothing could be done about that and the other reason was because Sebastian has been busy with Ciel.

It was the afternoon and you were in the garden helping Finny plant some new flowers when you heared footsteps walking up behind you both and Finny was the first one to talk.

"Oh hello young master hello Sebastian" he says cheerily as you turn around and stand up wiping the dirt on your hands onto your apron.

"Good afternoon my lord. Sebastian" you greet formally with a small smile.

"Good afternoon you two" Ciel greets back while Sebastian just smiles.

"What can we do for you?" you ask.

"I just came for a walk as I needed a small break from a case im investigating" Ciel informs you.

"Is it really that difficult?" Finny asks.

"Quite. But it shall be fine. It's only a small hiccup but I shall solve it soon before the week is through" Ciel says "What are you exactly doing?"

"I'm assisting Finny in planting some flowers before we tend to the greenhouse. It's starting to get warmer so I presumed you would be having afternoon tea in there soon if not then I know lady Elizabeth would" you explain.

"Indeed. Also Y/N instead of doing the greenhouse in about 20 minutes could you assist Sebastian with making dinner and find a way to distract Bard from destroying the kitchen" Ciel asks.

"So what I do on a regular basis? Babysit Bard" you say with humor in your voice making Finny giggle.

"Exactly" Ciel agrees with a smirk.

"Very well. I shall take my leave to clean up then I shall be in the kitchen" you say with a nod and walk back to the manor.

----------

You finished cleaning up and changing your uniform and on your way to the kitchen. When you nearly get there you bump into Bard.

"Hello there Y/N. You off to help Sebastian in the kitchen?" he asks.

"That I am. Also could you do me a huge favor and collect some fresh herbs and veg with Finny ready for the rest of the weeks meals please?" you request.

"Aye that I can do. See you later" he winks then walks off to the garden while you enter the kitchen to see Sebastian there.

"Hello Sebastian. What is on the menu for the young Lord this evening?" you ask.

"He actually have lady Elizabeth and her family coming over today so we will be making more than we normally do. Apparently Lady Elizabeth enjoys your desserts so I will be leaving that to you while I work on the main dish" Sebastian tells you and you nod.

"Okay. Anything specific or just whatever I want?" you ask.

"Possibly an apple pie with cream would be good and a Victoria sponge cake with fresh cream and jam incase they don't fancy that" Sebastian suggests.

"Okay. I will get on with that" you say as you collect the ingredients and start to make the desserts.

As your making the pastry for the pie  Sebastian speaks up.

"How have you been regarding the whole marriage thing? When do you plan for us to try for a child?" he questions.

"It's only early days Sebastian. The situation regarding the whole child thing doesn't need to be rushed seeing as we have two years" you point out with a sigh.

"That is true" he nods agreeing.

"And regarding the marriage thing. Apart from the fact I have a ring on my finger I honestly don't feel much different in all honesty" you say as you start to roll the pastry.

"I have to agree with you on that one" he sighs "I never understand why humans make a contract to just stay with another human for the rest of their lives"

"Says the demon who made a contract with a child that might last the rest of that child's life" you jest with a smirk.

"Touché. Only difference is I get something out of it in the end which is the young masters soul but with you humans you seem to not get too much out of it unless you do it for greed and can get money or something materialistic out of it" he points out.

"But that's not always the case" you tell him "Some marry for love, some marry for happiness, some marry for loyalty and some because they have no choice . There are many different reasons other than greed"

"I suppose so" he nods before silence falls upon you both and you carry on with your task.