5 - Treat her like a lady

♤ DIMITRI

I fist my short hair between my fingers and I pull. A groan leaves my lips as I torture myself with the numbers displayed in front of me.

Sergei Luwkuntz has pulled one over on us.

My cousin is a daring motherfucker and plans the heist out with meticulous detail. Knowing that he would frame the Italians for the job and taking our shipment to sell under our very noses.

The container that went missing held a large quantity of cocaine and military-grade weapons we would use for internal security.

Just great.

Now that the Don, my dad, has left me in charge for once while he is on business out of Las Vegas.

I knew Sergei was up to no good when I caught him eavesdropping on a private conversation between my father, Andreas Bendorova and Nikolai Tolderov, his accountant.

The bastard had probably sold the entire worth of the container and was now happily snorting the leftover snow from the bellies of a fucking merry-go-round of pussy.

I slam my fists down on my desk, then bury my head in my hands because no matter which way I look at it, I need a fucking plan.

Loud music blares from downstairs. I know Nox was down there because he requested a guard change, but he never listened to music while working out. Something wasn't right.

It irks me, and I stop beating myself up for a moment to go explore my penthouse. We divided it into two floors, the upper one my private rooms and office, while on the lower part I had an indoor swimming pool and a small gym.

My bodyguards and I like to have a place to work up a sweat and punch the stress of the day away. We see some nasty shit daily and we all cope differently with the mess that we encounter in this business.

Immerse in the sound of the steady tapping of my leather shoes against the marble floor, I almost don't have time to hide the surprise on my usual stoic face.

The stripper I had taken from the scene as an eyewitness to build a case against Sergei is dancing in the gym while Nox pushes weights on the bench.

Her long hair is no longer fiery red, but dark smooth chocolate that makes her eyes sparkle. She is beautiful, and she knows it.

I know Nox is watching her as he does his routine, because I can't take my eyes off her ass as she moves.

In the tiny workout clothes she is wearing, her figure is on full display. I growl inwardly, trying to repress the need to bite on the knuckles of my right fist.

Her movements are in sync with the upbeat drum and bass song that is playing from the iPad that hangs on the wall beside me. I'm standing frozen in place, mesmerized by her as she expresses her pent-up emotions through the flow of her body.

Damn, the girl got moves and curves.

I adjust my slacks when I notice Jr. has decided that half-mast is how he's going to roll.

"If you are going to stand there checking me out, make yourself useful at least." Patricia, Trixie, barks at me.

I realize that the song has ended, and I was completely oblivious to the rest of the world while checking out her rack in the reflection. A well-filled sports bra with the supple half-moons spilling out mushed together under the restraining fabric. Down Jr.

"Busted," I give her a lopsided grin as I fold my arms over my chest.

"Hit play for the next song on the iPad," she motions with her slender fingers over to the tablet next to me.

I oblige and lean against the door while I watch her dance. Nox had stopped his routine and sat down to do the same thing. Wrapped around the pretty stripper's finger.

When she finishes the Brazilian themed song and walks over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water, my bodyguard and I share a quick gaze. He knows it means I'm retreating and he has to do his job.

As I leave for my office, I hear Nox asking Trixie why she works out. I slow my steps to hear her answer.

"Pole dancers need to work out," she replies between sips with a lovely voice. "How do you think I keep my body in check?" Her laugh carries across the hallway. "I don't sip those filthy green juices like other girls, I like to eat."

You can eat me. I think while an image of her pouty lips wrapped around my dick pops into my head.

I could smack myself to think about this girl like that. She's nineteen, for crying out loud. I had asked a private investigator on our payroll to run a background check on the girl. The only information currently in my possession was her driver's license and credit cards. Plus, that woman was a trouble magnet.

I saunter back into my office and fire up my laptop to check the CCTV around the harbor that night. I've got a field team tracking Sergei's every move after his stunt.

Grabbing my phone, I call Dominic, head of surveillance.

"Boss." He picks up at the second tone. Everyone that works for me knows I don't like to wait.

"I want to know everything that went down. Find out all you can," I order Dominic. "I need to know every detail about them, down to the last time they took a shit."

~

Songs that Trixie is dancing to: DJ Fresh ft. Rita Ora - Hot Right Now and Jax Jones - Instruction ft. Demi Lovato, Stefflon Don.