🍂106 - Forgot About It (3)

'A former knight, an archer, and an assassin?'

'Maybe I can just create my own camouflaged fighting brigade.'

How shocked would the enemy be if a Flying Skeletons Brigade and a group of cooks, artists, and sculptors, who are actually experts, showed up to fight them?

Cale slowly started to smile.

"They are all above average in ability?"

"Yes. All three of them are at about Vice Captain Hilsman-nim's level."

– Human, why are you smiling like that? Is there something fun? Tell me, tell me!

Raon asked, but Cale did not answer. Instead, he looked toward Ron. Choi Han was dull when it came to things like this, but Ron was not. Ron started to smile as soon as they made eye contact.

"Young master-nim, isn't this territory a better place to live than you expected?"

"Seems that way."

Count Deruth was currently in the process of fortifying the castle wall ever since Cale told him about the Northern Alliance. It was a large-scale construction using Mueller's blueprints.

Furthermore, his father was busy increasing the number of soldiers, as well as their skill level. Of course, he was not taxing the citizens of the territory to do that. If he was, would they all come here to celebrate like this?

Count Deruth was putting his own money to work. However, it did not seem like it was enough yet.

"Very good."

Cale leaned his body into the very soft couch. He was in a position that would make it easy for him to fall asleep, however, such a position was fitting for Cale.

"Yes. That man over there is the archer."

The art competition was currently underway. It was more like an event than a competition though.

The artwork went through a first round of judging before the second round was conducted in public to determine the winner. The qualifiers from the first round were showing off their artwork of the Stone Mountain and quarry behind the Henituse Castle.

There would be a winner from this event.

Cale turned his gaze to the archer artist that Choi Han had pointed out.

The short-haired man with a long beard jumped up and started to swing his brush in the form of an X on the easel.

"Not this! Why am I so terrible? How could I call such trash art?! My hands are crazy!"

The paint flew everywhere as the man clenched his hair.

"I am trash! Art is not something like this!"

Cale started to think while looking at the painting.

'But it is really good.'

Cale looked toward Choi Han, who avoided his gaze. Choi Han could not make eye contact, but still started to speak.

"He is quite sensitive. He has been in the territory for the shortest amount of time, at only 3 months. They say that he built a house next to the white tree at the top of the slums, saying that it is the source of his inspiration."

'What is the source of his inspiration?'

Cale looked down to see On and Hong meowing in laughter.

The Man-Eating Tree located in the slums where Cale had earned his first ancient power, the, 'Indestructible Shield.' That tree had turned white with blue leaves thanks to Cale.