🍁139 - In the Middle of the Night (1)

"This expression must have come out because I am so happy to see you, your highness."

Cale sat down on the couch in front of the video communication device as he answered.

- Based on the fact that you can say crap like that, I guess you're normal.

Cale did not pay any attention to Alberu's brusque choice of words. Instead, he focused on the color of Alberu's face.

Alberu looked very pale. Although his blonde hair and blue eyes still looked as bright as ever, he looked tired.

"Your highness, you seem to be tired."

- You want to help me?

"I will send some medicine your way."

[FF/A: Exactly how I would have responded. What about the rest of you?]

Alberu snorted at Cale's response. He lifted his hand up to touch his forehead.

The balance of power in the Roan Kingdom had changed drastically since a year ago.

The Northwestern Stan territory now followed Alberu instead of the third prince, while the majority of the Northeastern territories followed Alberu as well.

Furthermore, since the Northwestern Naval Base that is currently under construction was Alberu's personal project, a significant amount of power was directed toward Alberu.

Finally, the King, as well as some of the top strategists of the kingdom, knew that Alberu had brought over the mages of the Whipper Kingdom and included them in his faction.

'I am responsible for this meeting as well.'

Crown prince Alberu was the one to gather the four kingdoms, specifically, the Roan Kingdom, Breck Kingdom, Whipper Kingdom, and the Jungle. Alberu felt like that the Roan Kingdom was slowly falling into his grasp.

It needed to be that way.

'We need to band together tightly in order to win.'

They needed to be one to survive through war and chaos. Alberu was currently taking the proper steps to get there.

That was why he was amazed.

Alberu's gaze moved to Cale.

'It's all thanks to this bastard.'

He had heard about how Cale had helped Taylor Stan. Amiru Ubarr had also told him that the naval base was Cale's suggestion.

The Whipper Kingdom, as well as this four-kingdom meeting, relied a lot on this bastard as well.

Alberu said what was on his mind without thinking.

- What the hell do you even go around doing?

"...Although it may seem like I am slacking off, I am currently working hard in order to gather information."

Cale felt guilty internally but casually appealed to Alberu that he was doing a lot of things. Naturally, Alberu did not believe him. Instead, he said what he needed to say.

- Miss Rosalyn hasn't come back from the Breck Kingdom?

"Yes sir. She left two weeks ago but has not returned yet."

Alberu nodded his head and continued to speak.

- The meeting is coming up. You will go with me.

Although Alberu was saying it like a command, he was focused on Cale's reaction. Cale was smiling.

"This will be my first trip with you, your highness."

- That makes me really not want to go.

Cale nodded his head since he felt the same way.