🍁159 - Rolling in By the Vine (6)

– Are you trying to sacrifice yourself to protect it?

Cale stopped outside the library door and could not go in.

‘…This isn’t supposed to be a dangerous place.’

The library should not be a dangerous place. Ben from the Roan Kingdom’s investigation team had no issues investigating here just the other day.

Ben had teamed up with Cale on the first day.

He was a Dark Elf, talented in investigations and had reported that the inside of the library, as well as the path to the secret room’s entrance, were all safe.

“Young master-nim?”

“Ah, let’s go in.”

Cale jumped out of his thoughts at the Dark Elf’s calling and walked into the library.

Screeeech.

Choi Han entered at the end and closed the library door.

“Cale-nim, I will be right here.”

“Alright.”

Choi Han was going to stay in the library just in case something happened.

The high-grade Dark Elf mage gazed toward Choi Han before turning back to look at Cale, who was walking to the innermost area of the library without any caution.

The Dark Elf quickly followed behind him.

‘Young master Cale?’

He had asked his leader, Tasha, about Cale Henituse before coming to the Empire. Tasha started to speak with a peculiar expression that he could not tell whether she was laughing or cringing.

‘Special. He’s a special person.’

It was rare for Tasha to evaluate someone like this.

What could be special about this guy?

The Dark Elf suppressed his curiosity and followed behind Cale. He remembered the crown prince’s message as well.

‘He told us the location of the entrance, but only he knows the way to go in. Listen to everything he says without question.’

Without question.

It was the first time the crown prince said something like that as well.

The Dark Elf pushed down his resurfacing curiosity and stopped at the corner of the library’s section on ancient texts.

Cale looked around the ancient texts section that only had empty bookshelves. He recalled Saint Jack’s words.

‘The Pope is the one who has always designated the administrator for the Vatican’s library. That person regulates who can and cannot go in the ancient texts corner. First head to the ancient texts corner and look at the bookshelves that are against the wall.’

Cale headed toward those specific bookshelves.

‘There is a phrase inscribed on the middle shelf of every bookshelf in the Vatican.’

Cale could see the phrase.

< Darkness disappears at morning’s arrival and every life opens their eyes. >

This was something that the believers of the Church of the Sun God chanted every morning.

‘There is one phrase that is written incorrectly. There are only a few words that are different.’

Cale slowly walked while following the wall.

The Dark Elf watched as Cale looked like he was leisurely strolling around the area that Ben had confirmed yesterday.