Chapter 5: The Way She Fall In Love

****Freen's POV****

The silence of the night amplifies the loud beating of my heart. I sit on a bench next to Becky, who gazes fixedly at the fountain, holding the cup of hot chocolate I purchased earlier. With no words exchanged between us, I take a sip from my hot chocolate. I steal a glance at Becky, her face illuminated by the lamp post beside our bench. She lowers her gaze to the cup of chocolate in her hands, about to take a sip before she breaks the silence.

"I ignored you because I don't want people to know about you. Once they do, they'll meddle in your life, and I don't want that. I don't want to disrupt whatever peace you have," she confesses, not even looking at me, but I can see the sincerity in her eyes. She finally take a sip from her cup, then let out a deep sigh, her gaze fixed on the fountain, as if something is troubling her.

"What's with that deep sigh?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

"Hmm, I was worried. I thought something terrible had happened to you. I'm so relieved you're okay," she replied.

After uttering those words, she finally directs her gaze toward me. Her eyes glisten, the lamplight reflecting off them, making them resemble stars that have descended from the sky just for me. Becky places her cup on the space between us on the bench and leans closer, her eyes still fixed on mine. I notice a hint of curiosity in her gaze. As she inches closer, I instinctively lean back a little.

"What are you doing?" I inquire.

"Have we met before? Perhaps in my dreams? Or in a past life? For some reason, you give me a sense of familiarity, like I've known you before, but I don't know when. Do you know me, Freen?" she bombards me with a series of questions.

The furrow on her forehead reveals her deep confusion. I respond with a shake of my head, confident that we haven't met before.

Becky lets out another deep sigh, then leans back and sits upright on the bench. Once again, she stares blankly at the fountain, her furrowed brow indicating her search for answers. I can't help but wonder what kind of familiar feeling did I gave her.

"By the way, I'm not sure if you saw me at the cinema yesterday, but I was with my best friend, Deo. He's not my boyfriend," I interject, hoping to extend our conversation.

I feel a sense of responsibility to disclose who I was with, as it may have bothered her. After all, she wouldn't have messaged me if she didn't care.

She looks at me, a smirk playing on her lips. "Good. If you like me, you should only have eyes for me."

And there she goes again, weaving her enchanting words, as if she holds the key to my soul. Instead of harboring feelings of disdain and irritation, I find myself consumed by a whirlwind of butterflies fluttering in my stomach. I did not know that mere words can make me feel like this. But I wonder does she like me the way I want her?

"What about your boyfriend?" I ventured to ask, my voice laced with curiosity.

"Why? I don't like him anymore. I don't wanna talk about him anymore. Please don't bring him up in a conversation anymore. You're the one I like now." she answered without staring at me.

It may have been hard for her, and it may still be. And honestly her answer did not gave me any assurance at all. She offered no guarantee that she isn't using me as a rebound from her previous relationship. It scares me to think that I am falling for someone who may not be feeling the same way, but for some reason, I would still wanna jump in to it. For some reason, I wanna fall so hard for her even though she might end up not catching me.

I just smiled and nod while staring at her. Still in awe of the fact that out of the millions of people hoping to be with her, I'm the one she chose to be with tonight. I have never been so interested with someone that I want to know everything about her. What's going on in her mind? What makes her laugh? What are her pet peeves? What does she hate the most? What could make her fall out of love? I wanna ask all of those questions right now, but I'll save it for later. Hopefully, she is still interested in me after this night. Even though this meetup was full of silence, I still hope that she would still act like she owns me because I like it when she does that.