Chapter 12: The Deal

***Becky's POV***

"I'll see you later," I waved at my mom as Mike closed the van's door and drove us to the filming location. It was going to be a three-hour drive, so I had plenty of time to go through my old iCloud account.

"Why do you need the list of attendees, by the way?" Trisha broke the silence in the car. "And you have dark circles around your eyes. Looks like you didn't get a good sleep," she continued.

"I can't tell you right now, but you promised to send it to me before the day ends. I'm counting on you," I replied.

"Okay, I respect that. I already contacted the organizer, and they will send it to me later," she said.

I put on my headphones so I could focus on going through my old iCloud account. The messages were empty, and there was a note with a lock on it that I couldn't remember the password for. So, the only thing I could look at right now were the photos. My mom had told me about Raphael, someone I had dated but couldn't remember. Was he the reason Freen and I broke up? Was I the one who fell out of love with Freen?

I remembered the night I went to Freen's house. I quickly ran to her mom when she passed out. She slapped me really hard and told me to leave her daughter alone. Her mom told me that she wasn't safe with me and that her daughter would keep getting hurt if I continued to be with her.

Aside from the accident, what else had I done? What was I doing before the accident? Why had everything else come back, but not that part of my memory?

I want to know the whole picture. I want to understand our story the way I should. I can't just ask my mom about it. She's been feeding me lies about what happened to me. Maybe dating Raphael was a lie too. As I scrolled through the photos, I saw a picture of Freen and me on a beach with Irene.

Irene knew a lot of things about us for sure. She's the best person to ask. I just want to end this chapter of my life with a full understanding and without any regrets. I quickly went over to my Instagram account and sent a DM to Irene, asking if she could meet me tomorrow. It didn't take long before she responded:

[Irene: Why do you want to meet me?]

[I know you know a lot about Freen and me. I just want to ask you some questions.]

[Irene: Okay, I'll see you tomorrow. I'll send you the address where we can meet.]

                     ***Freen's POV***

"Why did you have to do that?!" I shouted.
I walked closer to the man wearing a hoodie and slapped him as hard as I could. I trusted him so much that it hurt me that he had to do this.

"Stop chasing after her, Freen. She can't love you as much as I could, and she won't fight for you like I would," he said. "Just agree with her deal. If you love Becky so much, you have to agree with her mom's deal. She will ruin your life and Becky's career. She will go the extra mile to make sure both of you go separate ways."

"And you made a deal with her mom? You're on her mom's side? I'm your best friend, Deo," I said, holding back my tears.

"I just don't want you to be hurt again. Her mom never approved of your relationship. She was happy that Becky couldn't remember you, but when she found out both of you were seeing each other again, she asked me to follow you. Take as many photos as I could and blackmail you so you would leave Becky alone."

"Do you not remember all the things she did to you before? Do you want to go through hell again? Why don't you just agree with her deal to leave Becky alone, and you will receive $100,000 in exchange. That should be enough for you to pay your father's debt and live in a different city or overseas. This is a great opportunity for you," he explained further.