Chapter 6: Pictures On Her Mind

***Freen's POV***

Without even glancing back, I could sense her presence behind me-it was Becky. Her embrace tightened around me, rendering me immobile. A slight jolt of surprise coursed through me; I couldn't recall ever giving her my address. How had she managed to find out where I live?

"How did you know I live here?" I inquired.

She didn't answer. Instead, I heard her sobbing softly. She clung onto me even tighter. I was confused. We had only gone a day without talking, so why was she behaving like this?

"Are you okay?" I inquired, attempting to loosen her grip so I could see her face, but I couldn't.

""I'm sorry if I didn't talk to you today. I just didn't feel up to it," I explained. I didn't want to confess that I was jealous of what she had posted. As I had mentioned to Irene, we didn't have a label, so I had no right to be jealous.

"Why? Please don't fall out of love with me this time," she finally spoke.

"Are we in love? Do you love me? What exactly are we?" Suddenly, a barrage of questions spilled from my lips. How could she casually mention "falling out of love" as if we had openly declared our love for each other? We hadn't even exchanged "I love yous" yet, but she was acting as if she were falling for me, just as I was falling for her.

Suddenly, the front door creaked open. Becky let go of me and swiftly hid herself beside the van. Puzzled, I wondered why she had done that.

"Freen?" I heard my mom call out, her gaze intently fixed upon me. I was certain she couldn't see me clearly due to the lack of light.

"Yeah, Mom, it's me. I will stay here for a while for some fresh air before coming in," I informed her.

"Alright, I'll prepare your dinner so you can eat later," she replied before closing the door.

I shut the trunk of the van and walked over to check on Becky. She was sitting on the ground, trembling. I could see sweat glistening on her face, and her eyes were swollen as if she had been crying all night. I quickly grabbed a water bottle from the van and handed it to her.

"Let's go inside the van. People might see you here," I suggested. I helped her up, scanning the surroundings to ensure no one noticed us. I opened the passenger door and assisted her in getting inside before swiftly settling into the driver's seat.

I glanced at her and I caught her staring at me. Her gaze was different, as if she haven't saw me in years, she looks at me as if she has been looking for me and finally she found me. It's as if we are the only thing that mattered in this world, as if I'm the brightest color she ever saw, as if I'm loveliest flower her eyes have ever seen. She stared at me like that for a moment and to me it felt like world stopped, to me it felt like I don't care if we have a label, it felt like that moment was an assurance that she'll catch me no matter how hard I fall.

Suddenly, a tear fell from her already swollen eyes. I raised my hand and wiped the tear from her cheek. But I was caught off guard when she grabbed the back of my head and pulled me closer, and in a matter of seconds, I felt her lips gently brushing against mine. Her kiss conveyed the words she had never spoken. It was as if she was shouting "I love you" at the top of her lungs, as if she was telling me I was the most significant person in her life. That kiss dispelled my doubts and jealousy. However, a sudden headache struck me, and I pulled back, separating our lips.

Leaning against my seat, I cradled my head. The pain was sharp and heavy. I noticed Becky looking at me with concern, her lips mouthing words, but I couldn't hear them clearly. The next thing I saw was the passenger door was open, and I saw Becky standing in front of our house, while my mom slapped her in the cheeks. After that, everything went black.