𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘅𝘃. ── to be with.

season one, episode six
( whatever gets you thru the night )

season one, episode six ( whatever gets you thru the night )

The band was recording some new parts for a new song Billy and Daisy had written

WARREN: For a month it was like that. We'd be in the studio, you know, recording all the arrangements, and they'd be... who knows where doing God knows what.

EDDIE: Every day, they'd come in with something new.

KAREN: Great fucking songs.

AUDREY: While we were in the studio, they'd come in giggling like two little schoolgirls.

Billy and Daisy walk into the studio, laughing and sharing stories Billy nor Daisy had talked about to no one. Audrey sucked her teeth, scratching her nose as she looked at Warren.

INTERVIEWER: Did it concern you?

GRAHAM: Not really. Not yet, anyway. I mean... like, whatever they were doing... ( The camera zooms into Graham as his eye twitched before he shrugged ) it was working.

AUDREY: Nope. I mean I learned a while back to stay out of other people's business, whatever Billy and Daisy had going on, it was their business. Everyone has their own thing going on.

In the studio, everyone was getting high, and smoking. Karen would be doing cartwheels in the lobby and Audrey would be doing cocaine with Eddie and Warren in the control room. The three of them would be laughing in a corner as everyone would be doing their own thing.

Daisy marches out from the control room into the studio as the band plays. She waved her hand to them signaling to them to stop. "It's not right. It doesn't sound good. It needs to sound..." Daisy begins to trail off, "It sounds too nice. It needs to sound swampy."

"Swampy?" Eddie asked, Daisy nodded before she says, "Do you know what I mean? It needs to sound swampier!" Daisy yelled out to Billy as she turned looking at him through the glass.

"Uh," Billy speaks through the intercom, "Ride the toms instead of the high-hat." He asked to Warren, "Eddie, longer notes." Eddie nodded, "All right,"

Audrey looked to Billy taking her headphones off, "What about me?" She asked, Billy shrugs through the glass. "Yours sounds good already. It's already swa... swampy."

Audrey began to nod slowly. The three of them began to play as Daisy folded her arms and began to nod the beat and smiled to Billy. "Great. Was that so hard?" Daisy spoke stepping away back into the control room.

"I guess he speaks Daisy now."

Warren chuckles, "Swampy."

Eddie copies his movements, "Swampy," His voice got lower as he looked to Audrey who smiled and tilted her head before giggling.

GRAHAM: Yeah, we knew it was good.

BILLY: Teddy was th-the most confident.

WARREN: Here's how confident Teddy was, before we even finished recording, he calls in a favor at Rolling Stone. He completely left Katherine in the dark, but... this one guy and her just... poof, collabed.

JONAH BERG ( journalist, Author: The Rise of Daisy Jones ): It was only my fifth assignment. Had the magazine thought more of The Six at the time, they would've sent someone else. Thankfully I had Katherine on the scene to help me get information on The Six.

KATHERINE OLIVÁREZ: They hated me for about a day... telling Jonah about basically everything.

They sat around the mixing board listening to their songs. Smiles were plastered onto their faces, Eddie holding an arm around Audrey's shoulder. They had three songs down, and eight more to go.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

They had been waiting hours and hours. Daisy was supposed to show up hours ago. They had been planning on recording the vocals for 'Aurora' but Daisy never showed up.

The band was seated around a round-table, making arrangements on their notepads and notebooks. "Did you try her room?" Teddy asked as Billy nodded.

"Yeah, couple of times," He replied as Audrey chewed on the inside of her cheek focusing on a part of a note that she couldn't seem found be quick enough to change notes too. Billy stares at the floor.

Eddie noticed her clenching hands as he pointed to a note, "It'll sound better with that one gone." He explained as Audrey looked to his finger to see the note. She nodded her head, "Thanks, Ed's."

"I got to go," Billy stated as Teddy followed him, "I'll go with you." Billy turns back to him shaking his head, "No, it's worse if the principal comes." Billy opened the door.

"Well, take Warren," Teddy mumbled as Billy ignored him and shut the door. "Take me where?" Warren asked looking up from the table. Teddy sighs as he walked away.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

Billy had been yelling back and forth with Daisy. Audrey and the rest of them were at the mixing board as he pressed the intercom, "Stop," He said, Daisy gestures to him about what she did wrong. "What's the problem?"

"Let's, uh, let's go from the top." Daisy glanced to him blinking as she licked her lips. Two words in and Billy started bickering, "Stop." He speaks from the intercom again, "I'm not feeling it, Daisy. Just let it out."

Daisy begins to attempt another line, messing up the third line. "Again," Billy explained as Daisy could be heard sighing through the microphone. "Again, Daisy."

The band began to fidget with their own things. "What's the fucking problem?" Daisy snapped at Billy. Audrey looked at Daisy who continued to argue with Billy.

After multiple stops from Billy, Warren insisted that Billy goes easy on her. She removed her headphones and she threw them on the floor. Billy storms into the room talking with Daisy.

"Daisy, you're not trying hard enough," Billy stated as he watched as Daisy take a small drink of her whiskey. "All right? I just need you to feel." He started to chuckle, "I mean, what are you afraid of?"

Daisy begins to smile small before nodding her head slowly and banging her glass of whiskey on the stool, "Fuck this." She storms out, and Billy follows after her.

Audrey cleared her throat. "That went well," She whispered to Graham, he nodded as he exchanged a look with her, "I know my brother, something is going on between them," Graham mumbled close to her ear as she nodded, "Hey, I'm deciding to stay out of it. It'll be better for me to not know about anything," Audrey replied.

Billy and Daisy both walk back into the room. Daisy makes her way to the headphones as Billy stands in front of her. He turns his head to Teddy nodding to begin to taping the record.

Daisy began to sing alluringly, her eyes never glancing away from Billy. Graham scathed the back of his neck suspiciously looking at Billy as he still faced Daisy.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

the photo shoot scene i have coming up IS MAKING ME GIGGLE SO BADDDDD. i have like this whole thing where i exactly want audrey and eddie, btw katherine is the one who's gonna be taking photos for the sake of the book especially when she takes daisy and billy fighting