𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝙰 𝚕𝚒𝚝𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 <𝟹

Delilah Pov:

  My name is Delilah Rose and today is my birthday! Typically I'm not very excited, but today I get classified. I don't care what I get. I just hope if I'm a little I get a nice caregiver.

  I get up and brush my teeth and do my hair. All the things I'm supposed to do every morning.        
Then I go and pick out my outfit for today. I like fashion and makeup. I also like gardening with pretty flowers. (I guess it's fitting since my name is Delilah Rose.)

Once I do all the important boring stuff, I'm able to start on my makeup. I don't do much since I know I'll be busy for most of today. Plus I'm not a fan of heavy makeup.

Once I finish my makeup i pick out my outfit.

Now I'm ready, I grab my bag and slip my shoes on

Now I'm ready, I grab my bag and slip my shoes on. I call out bye before I leave, but I doubt they noticed.

It's still pretty early but I'm stopping at Starbucks for my birthday drink. Starbucks and the classification place is only a couple blocks from my parents home so I'll just walk. Plus if you're a little or under 18 you can't drive. So sad, I know.

I get to Starbucks and get a venti Pink Drink. Then I sit and relax for 10 minutes before I have to go.

I walk in the office and sign in. A few minutes later, A kind looking nurse calls my name. " For Delilah Rose . " I get up and walk with her to a back office.

" Okay honey, I need you to pick from these and tell me which one you would prefer. " I go through and pick. It was simple at first then I had go choose between a pink bear and purple bunny. Can you believe that! I choose the purple bunny.

" All right sweets, you're almost done. I just have to do a little blood work then you'll see the doctor. Does that sound good? "
My eyes widen. I don't want to look like a baby but I hate needles.
I think she notices my hesitation and then promises me a sticker.

" Okay. " I say still pretty unsure but at least I get a sticker!

The nurse who's name I learned was Mrs. White, starts to prep my skin by wiping the yucky alcohol pads on my skin. Then I close m eyes so I don't see the needle.

" 1...2...3 Small pinch." I don't really like her counting but better then me being shocked. " Ouch ! "
I call out immediately feeling embarrassed for acting so childish. I can feel my face heat up and my eyes get hot and watery. She lied, that was not a small pinch.

" You did so good ! " She tells me as she finishes up her work and puts a pink bandage on me. And as promise she gives me a sticker.

Then she leaves and I wait a few minutes for the doctor to come in.

He walks in and shakes my hand. " Hi Delilah, I'm Doctor Smith. Do you have any idea what your classification might be? " He's very sweet, reminds me of my grandpa. Well I don't have a grandpa, but if I did, I would imagine him to be this sweet. " No, most of my family are a 'normal' couple. " I tell him.

He looks at the paper and says "Miss. Rose, you are 100% a little." Well that's a surprise.

"Do you have a caregiver? "He continues on. I just shake my head no. "Okay you can go to the waiting room once again and we'll call a caregiver for you. "

He guides me back to the waiting room then retreats back to his office to make a call.