002. home sweet home

chapter two home sweet home

chapter two
home sweet home

ARRIVING AT THE Castillo summer house was like a breath of fresh air, everyone smiling as they pulled into the driveway

ARRIVING AT THE Castillo summer house was like a breath of fresh air, everyone smiling as they pulled into the driveway. Florence looked around, taking in the familiar scenery. Now this was home. The family all got out of the car, grabbing their bags from the boot and smiling up at the house.

"Home sweet home." Emmeline stated as she walked up the porch towards the house, Camden following in tow. Florence stood next to Sydney, who had a thoughtful look on her face.

"This is our summer Flo, I can feel it." Sydney stated.

Florence laughed slightly, swinging an arm around her sister's shoulder. "Yeah, okay. Come on."

Both girls laughed as they walked up and inside the home, a sense of familiarity washing over them. Florence looked around at the home, seeing the elegant spiral stairs and the family photos littering the walls from summers over the years. Her mother was already stood in the kitchen, putting some supplies in it that they had stopped and gotten on the way.

Florence could see Camden sprawled on the sofa, a soda in his hand as he scrolled through his phone. Florence patted Sydney before she made her way upstairs. She walked down the hallway towards her bedroom. The brunette opened the door, revelling in the room she wished she was in all year round.

Her bedroom was on the larger side, the whole house was large with a pool outside and a view on the beach only a mile or two away. Florence's walls were white and her bedsheets had strawberries on them. Her bed was up against her right wall, next to her window. She had material draped from the ceiling, covering the end of her bed. On the opposite side of her bedroom she had a white desk, a small mirror on it and a white chair in front of it. A rope chair hung from the ceiling towards the middle of her bedroom and she had a small walk in wardrobe next to her desk.

Posters and photos littered her walls, quotes from pinterest, photos of her and her friends and family. Artwork that Sydney had drawn and photos she had taken. There were also little pieces of paper, ones full with notes from her friends, ones full of small poems she likes, others filled with lyrics Florence had come up with.