001. you are happening to the world

chapter one you are happening to the world

chapter one
you are happening to the world

FLORENCE SIGHED AS her friend Daisy dragged her down the hallway at school

FLORENCE SIGHED AS her friend Daisy dragged her down the hallway at school. The two were on their way to the music rooms to have one last song together before they graduated. Daisy Samuels had been friends with Florence since the two were paired up in music class sophomore year and now the two were going to be sharing a room at Princeton together.

Daisy let out a content sigh as they stepped into the music room. "All the good memories we've made in here."

Florence smiled. "I'll never forget this place."

"Good times, good times." Daisy sat down at the piano. "What should we play today? Taylor Swift... ooh, I'm in a debut kinda mood."

"I do love Debut." Florence added.

"Mary's song?" Daisy suggested.

Florence's world stopped.

Mary's song.

And suddenly she was whisked back to the last day of summer as she sang with Conrad on the beach, Belly and Sydney dancing together in front of them.

Conrad and Florence were walking back towards the Fisher house hand in hand when they finished, smiles on their faces.

"This is crazy." Florence stated.

"Us or them?" Conrad wondered, gesturing to a giggling Sydney and Belly walking in front of them.

"Both." Florence shrugged. "I'm scared for them."

"Why?"

"Belly kissed Jeremiah like two days ago." Florence told him.

"You think Syd's gonna flip?" Conrad turned to her with furrowed eyebrows.

"No." Florence shook her head. "I think Jeremiah's gonna flip."

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Conrad reassured her.

Oh how wrong he could be.

The two followed Belly and Sydney into the house, all four of them trying to be as quiet as possible as to not wake anyone up. Their plan failed however when they looked up to see Susannah and Emmeline sat on the sofa looking over at them. The two women shared a smile before turning back to them.