008. july fourth redemption

chapter eightjuly fourth redemption

chapter eight
july fourth redemption

chapter eightjuly fourth redemption

THE FOURTH OF JULY.

A tradition in Cousins. Susannah decks out the whole house, the dads come up for the weekend, the boy steam clams and shoot off fireworks. Sydney hangs out with whatever Belly is doing and Florence spends the entire day messaging Shayla in between making sure the boys don't shoot each other with fireworks.

The Castillo family all got up and made their way over to the Fisher house. Florence was excited for forth of July this year because all of the deb girls were joining them, including Shayla. She had on a tartan mini dress and her converse, leaving her hair down as she made her way up to the Fisher's front door.

The family stepped inside, greeting the group. Sydney went upstairs to find Belly, while Camden spoke to Steven and Jeremiah. Florence stood next to Conrad, the two leaning against the sink.

"Is it weird that I'm not excited to see my dad this year." She spoke up, catching his attention.

"No, I'm happy my dad isn't coming." Conrad told her.

"Really?"

"Yep. I'm glad he's not here." Conrad stated.

"Hmm." Florence hummed. "My dad's a bit of dick sometimes, y'know. Especially when he's been drinking and lately he's being doing that a lot. Coming at home at god knows when in the morning and leaving before any of us are up. It's like he's actively avoiding us, and whenever he is home, him and my mum just argue about something."

"I get it." Conrad placed his hand over hers.

"I wish my mum didn't invite him." Florence declared.

Conrad laughed softly. "What if he's changed? It's summer, he might be in a good mood."

"Or, hear me out, he's a dick." Florence stated with a shrug.

Conrad laughed once more, pushing her slightly. "You'll be fine."

"Florence!" Emmeline called, waving her over.

"The dick is here." Conrad whispered.

"Yeah, it's you right now." Florence joked, pushing him like he had done to her before turning and walking towards the front door. The group watched the mums greeted Victoria and John and Florence's father, Nick.