005. are we breaking up?

chapter five are we breaking up?

chapter five
are we breaking up?

chapter five are we breaking up?

Prom night.

A night that girls dream about from a young age – that and their wedding – dancing with a cute boy they believe is the love of their life, laughing with the best friends they could ask for in the prettiest dress a person has seen. A night to remember for the rest of their lives, their own high school musical moment.

And boy was Florence's prom a night to remember.

Well she wanted to forget it, desperately, it was in fact the worst night of her life but she just couldn't. It was burned into her brain, a memory that played over at over at night, she saw it, like a movie every time she closed her eyes. It sucked!

Florence hoped it would be the best night ever, she had everything for it to be the perfect night but her hope was dwindling as the day got closer.

And the first bad sign was a few months before prom. Conrad stood in her kitchen, a sweater on that Florence knew she was going to steal in the near future. The boy had a few days off from college and had come and visited the Castillo family – or more specifically, his girlfriend.

"Did you get your tux yet?" Florence wondered, their conversation changing from Florence English homework to her prom that he was accompanying her to.

Conrad spun around from where he was grabbing his drink to stare at her in slight shock. "Oh n—I still have time, right? Prom's not until, like, the 1st."

"Yeah." Florence nodded.

"Hey Connie." Emmeline greeted, walking into the kitchen.

"Hey Em." Conrad smiled smally.

"Flo, why are you on my counter?" Emmeline asked her daughter.

"Um, I like to pretend to be tall sometimes, maybe you should join me." Florence commented with a small smile.

"I am taller than you." Emmeline stated, raising her eyebrows. "You're the short ass."

"Shut up." Florence glared at her mother jokingly before turning to Conrad. "Oh, um, we have to pitch in our share if we want to get that hotel suite with Daisy and her girlfriend."