007. the chaos of belly's sweet 16th

chapter seven the chaos of belly's sweet 16th

chapter seven
the chaos of belly's sweet 16th

THE NEXT DAY WAS Belly's birthday, in fact it was her 16th birthday and just like every year, they were spending it in Cousins, at the Fisher beach house

THE NEXT DAY WAS Belly's birthday, in fact it was her 16th birthday and just like every year, they were spending it in Cousins, at the Fisher beach house. Every year, the Castillo family would wake up early and head over to the Fisher's for breakfast, where they would greet Belly and eat Mickey Mouse pancakes before spending their entire day with her.

The family as usual, got up early, getting dressed before heading over to their friend's house. Florence walked through the door with a smile, her blue summer dress and converse complimenting her already tanned skin as she held Belly's presents in her hand.

"Happy birthday Miss Isabel!" Florence exclaimed, moving to hug the girl, who was surprisingly already awake.

"Thank you." Belly smiled, hugging her back.

"Happy birthday." Camden stated, ruffling her hair.

"Happy birthday Bells." Sydney hugged her friend, the two swaying on the spot for a minute.

"Your Mickey Mouse pancakes are ready." Laurel told Belly, who cleared her throat.

"Actually, I'm not really, uh, hungry." Belly shrugged.

"Oh."

"Shall we open gifts?" Susannah suggested.

"Oh, you're gonna love mine." Jeremiah stated.

The group all relocated to the living room. Belly sat on the chair opposite the reach of them. Sydney was stood next to Conrad with Jeremiah and Camden on the floor in front of them while Florence was sat next to Steven, their mums all on the sofa next to them.

Belly opened her present from Laurel, it being a book of poems. "It's a first edition. I got it from a rare book dealer."

"Thanks mum."

"Turn to the bookmarked page." Laurel told her at Belly's confused gratitude. "It's your favourite poem."

"Oh, yeah." Belly laughed. "I remember Susannah teaching us to recite this. 'For whatever we lose'"