004. don't go

chapter four don't go

chapter four
don't go

"So this is why you haven't answered any of my phone calls and texts?" Jeremiah asked, ignoring Conrad's question about Belly's presence

"Jere. Jere. Did you not hear what I just said?" Conrad asked him. "We're going to lose this house. Mum's house."

"Why would your dad sell this house?" Belly asked.

"He's not." Conrad answered, not looking over at the girl. Florence held a slight amused smile at the sight, clearly Conrad was on Team Sydney with the whole love triangle stuff. "Our Aunt Julia is."

"Susannah's sister?" Belly wondered.

"Half-sister." Conrad correct her, sending a wide eye look to. "Apparently, the house belonged to the both of them. And then when mum... Now Aunt Julia owns the whole thing, so..."

"Okay, we'll just call dad and figure something out. That's it." Jeremiah suggested, a smile on his face like he had solved the whole problem in ten seconds.

"You think I haven't already done that?" Conrad asked sarcastically. "He says legally the house is hers."

"Okay, then he'll buy it." Jeremiah told his brother, still having the highest hopes in his father.

"He doesn't have the money to buy it." Conrad explained exasperatedly. "Between Brown and the medical bills and the..."

"Yeah, I know how much the medical bills cost because I was there." Jeremiah cut his brother off. "How long did you know about this and not tell me?"

"Jere, this was all happening so fast." Conrad responded, deflecting the question. "I was going to tell you after I'd taken care of it."

Jeremiah left out a chuckle mixed with a scoff. "And this is you taking care of it? Going AWOL, ditching school, not talking to us."

"Fuck school!" Conrad exclaimed. "I don't care!"

"Connie you have to go back or you'll fail your class." Jeremiah told him with wide eyes.