party incident

It was now Belly's birthday, and we were at a party at one of her deb friends house that she threw for Belly.

Me, Jeremiah, Conrad, and Steven's debutante date Shayla were all hanging out while Steven, Taylor, and Belly were no where to be seen.

"So how'd you meet Steven?" I ask.

"Oh we met through Belly." Shayla smiles.

"That's cool." I smile. "I'm gonna use the bathroom I'll be right back."

I walk away from the group, and go to find the bathroom in this massive house.

I go down some hallways that continuously got emptier and emptier.

"You lost?" A voice from behind me says.

I turn around and it's a mid height boy, with blonde hair.

"Uh yeah, i'm just looking for the bathroom." I smile.

"It's that way." He smiles as he points behind me. "I don't recognize you, are you new to Cousins?"

"No, i've been coming here every summer since I was born." I say.

"That's surprising." He says as he walks up to my and brushes my hair behind my ear. "I thought I knew every pretty face here. I'm Noah, and you are?"

"Oh uhm i'm Valarie." I stutter.

"Lets go find a more private room, shall we?" Noah asks as he grabs my wrist firmly.

"No I really should be going." I laugh out of fear.

"We'll have fun." Noah smirks as he pushed me against the wall.

Suddenly, someone ripped him off of me from behind him.

"Hey dude the fuck?" Noah scoffs. It's Conrad.

"Get the fuck out of here." Conrad scoffs as he shoves Noah.

"Don't touch me, she's my girl." Noah scoffs as Conrad laughs.

"I don't think so." Conrad laughs.

"Oh yeah? What makes you say that?" Noah scoffs.

"Cause she's mine." Conrad laughs as my face turns bright red.

Noah just shakes his head and scoffs before walking down the hallway.

"Yours huh?" I laugh.

"I mean we're going to the ball together." He laughs. "And based on the color of your face, you don't mind."

"Shut up." I giggle.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I smile before looking down at my wrist, which was bruising from Noah's grip.

"Did he do that to you?" Conrad asks.

"Yeah but it's fine." I say.

Conrad immediately starts walking down the hallway, where Noah went.

"Connie stop it's fine." I say as I chase after Conrad.

"No it's not Val." Conrad says, and suddenly we're next to Noah as Conrad beats the shit out of Noah.

It wasn't long until I was in the back seat of my moms car with Conrad, holding an ice pack against Conrad's face as my mom drove us home, and Susannah was in the passenger seat.

"What happened Connie?" Susannah asks.

"This guy grabbed her wrist and bruised it and pinned her against a wall, then proceeded to tell me that Val is apparently 'his girl'" Conrad says.

"Well thank you for looking out for her, but violence isn't the answer Connie." Susannah says.

"It was in that situation." Connie scoffs as I smile.

On the ride home, Conrad ended up with his head on my shoulder, almost falling asleep.

When we got home we all went to bed, after Conrad spent well over ten minutes making sure I was okay, ignoring the black eye he had getting darker and darker.

Once I got into my room, I started to get ready for bed, but I got a text from Belly.

I immediately get up and grab the keys to my moms car. Steven normally drove cause he was the oldest, but I had my license also.

I ran downstairs and open the door to leave.

"Val?" Conrad asks as he runs behind me. "Where are you going?"

"To pick Belly up, her and Taylor had a fight and Taylor hooked up with Steven." I say as Conrad's eyes went wide.

"Okay we'll i'm coming with you, you're not going back there alone." He says.

We get in the car before going off to pick up Belly.