home

I walk into my room at my home, and put my suitcase down. I loved my room, it was decorated and organized exactly how I wanted it, it was the perfect temperature, it was my safe place, yet I didn't want to be back. I wanted to be in my room at the beach house.

The first thing I did is I opened my suitcase and took out my phone charger, and all of the hoodies and shirts from Conrad.

I lay down in my bed with his hoodies, and try and sleep. But I couldn't. Without Susannah, Jeremiah, and Conrad's presence in the house.

I look over to my suitcase, and see an envelope sticking out.

Confusedly, I walk over and grab it. The front of it reads; To my beautiful daughter, from Susannah.

I open the envelope and read.

To my beautiful daughter,

Valarie, you have always been like a daughter to me, I will never forget countless days where we would paint nails, do makeup, crazy face masks, and gossip about boys. Not only were you a daughter to me, but a best friend. You were a best friend to Jeremiah, and a soulmate to Conrad. I always knew you and Conrad were soulmates, from the second I held you in the hospital when your mom gave birth to you. I know you, your mom, and even you and Belly have been arguing a lot, but I hope you and Steven will stick together no matter what. I hope you know that no matter what, I will always be with you, and I know that big things are coming your way. I love you so much Valarie.

I smile at the note with tears in my eyes, and immediately hang the note on my mirror.

In the bottom of the bag there's a little heart necklace, and like Susannah, it had real diamond in it.

I put it on and smile in the mirror, when my phone starts ringing from my bed, Conrad was FaceTiming me.

I answer the call, and I see him sitting at the counter in his kitchen, smiling at the camera.

"Hi baby." He smiles.

"Hi Connie." I smile.

I had my led lights on purple with fairy lights right next to me, yet it was still dark. My face was barely illuminated by my phone as I laid in my bed with his hoodie on.

"Is that Val?" Susannah gasps from the kitchen.

"Yeah." Conrad laughs.

"Hi Val!" She smiles as she walks into the frame. "Did you get my gift?"

"Yes, I cried reading it." I laugh.

Conrad had a hoodie on with the hood pulled over his head, with pieces of hair perfectly falling over his face. This boy was so perfect.

"Okay, we'll i'm gonna head to bed, you two have fun." Susannah smiles as she goes upstairs.

"How's she doing?" I ask.

"Good, me and Jer convinced her to do that trial to try and cure the cancer, she didn't want to because of how hard the chemo was on her, but we're gonna try it." He smiles.

"That's great Connie." I grin.

"I don't know if i'll be able to sleep." He sighs with a laugh. "Without you here I mean."

"Me neither." I sigh.

"What's going on with Jer and Belly?" Conrad asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Oh, I heard them fighting on the phone, it sounded pretty serious." Conrad says.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow, she went to bed." I say.

"Okay." He says. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smile.

He kept talking, but eventually I fell asleep, and he did too shortly after.