The debutante ball

It was five pm, and the ball started at five thirty, and me and Belly were in my room getting ready.

Belly will get ready at the country club with the deb girls before the ball, so Belly was helping me get ready.

We both had white dresses, but they were both unique and exactly how we wanted them, especially after I convinced mom to surprise Belly with the dress she wanted.

"I'm scared i'm gonna panic and like forget the whole dance." Belly laughs.

"I felt the same way, but the ball is so fun, I didn't have any anxiousness the whole time after I came out into the ball.

Eventually I finish getting ready.

"I'm gonna go tell mom you're ready." Belly smiles before leaving.

I stood in the mirror admiring myself. I always loves dressing up.

Growing up, being mainly a boxer and a wrestler a lot of people assumed I had a "pick me girl mentality" and hated makeup and getting dressed up, but that was no where near close. I had always adored makeup and fashion.

From the mirror, I see my door open and Conrad walk in.

I smile and turn around.

Seeing him in his suit was amazing. He always looked good, but something about the outfit and the way he did his hair, it took my breath away.

He walks up to me with one hand behind his back, and he hands me a bouquet of flowers.

"Thank you Connie." I smile.

"You look beautiful." He smiles as he spins me, his rough hands from years of sailing and sports still gliding with the silk on my gloves.

"You look amazing." I smile.

I look to my doorframe, and see both of our moms standing there smiling at us.

"You guys are so adorable." Susannah smiles.

"She looks beautiful doesn't she?" Conrad smiles as my face heats up.

"Always." My mom smiles. "You guys ready?"

"Yeah." I grin.

Conrad holds out his arm, and we lock our arms together by the elbow, in the chivalry etiquette Susannah showed us.

We walk down the stairs, and the whole way to the car it was almost like Conrad couldn't keep his eyes off me.

Jeremiah drives Belly in his red jeep, Steven drives my moms car to the ball to meet up with Shayla; and me and Conrad ride with our moms.

"Mom, are you going with Cleveland?" I ask.

"He's gonna be there yes, we didn't label it as a date." She smiles.

"Did he ask you to go with him?" I ask.

"Well yeah." My mom replies.

"Then it's a date." I say.

"I'm not good with this stuff." She laughs. "Also, your dad will be there."

"Really?" I gasp.

"Yeah." My mom smiles. My dad and I were always really close.

I look over at Conrad, whose just admiring me with that smile I love so much.

The short ride to the country club goes by fast, and eventually we get there.

Conrad gets out of the car and walks around to my side before opening it for me, and helping me out of the car.

"Such a gentleman." I tease.