parties, drinking, and tears

It was the next morning, and we were all back at the house.

Aunt Julia had gone back to their motel, but Skye stayed with us after a long argument with Julia.

Conrad had been acting like nothing happened. Like we hadn't made out. Like he hadn't asked me to sleep in his arms.

It was pissing me off and quite frankly, I was done. Done with his mixed signs.

We all stood in the empty house, in the empty kitchen.

"What do we do next?" Steven asks.

Everyone goes silent.

"What if we throw a party?" Belly suggests.

"A party?" Steven laughs.

"I mean if people saw a bunch of teenagers throwing a giant party, maybe they wouldn't want to buy it." Belly shrugs. "And it'll give us one last memory if all else fails."

"It's what Susannah would've wanted." Conrad says. "For us to have fun."

"Let's do it." Jer smiles.

"I'm down!" Taylor giggles.

And it was a party alright.

It was a few hours later, and this party was huge.

Loud music, spray paint on the walls, dancing, drinking, smoking, everything.

Jeremiah and I had talked to each other earlier on the day, and we agreed to put everything that happened between us in the past.

"Hey Val!" Skye yells as they run up to me.

"Hey! What's up?" I ask.

"Cam and I kissed!" They grin.

"What!" I scream with a laugh.

"Yeah!" They giggle. "Also, follow me I need to tell you and the group something!"

I follow Skye outside, and we go find Jer and Conrad.

"Okay guys, so I talked to the family whose buying the house, and since they're only using this as a vacation home, they've agreed to let you rent it out for one week every summer." Skye says.

"That's great!" Jer smiles as he hugs me.

"That's awesome!" I grin.

"No." Conrad says. "Thanks to the offer, but no. The house is sold."

"Conrad but we can still be here together, even if it isn't for long." Jeremiah says.

"Jer, we are not paying another family to let us use our house." Conrad says. "The house is gone. Get over it."

"Can you just be positive for once?" Jeremiah asks.

"Grow up!" Conrad laughs.

"You're telling me I need to grow up?" Jeremiah scoffs.

"Yeah, you do." Conrad says.

"You know Conrad i've always looked up to you, but now i'm seeing what you really are." Jeremiah argues.

"What's that?" Conrad laughs passively.

"A coward." Jeremiah says.

"Oh i'm the coward?" Conrad laughs.

"Yeah, and the fact you never came home to visit our dying mother really solidified that." Jeremiah says.

"I came home every god damn chance I had, and you know that!" Conrad yells.

"But it wasn't every day!" Jeremiah yells. "The only reason you came in the winter was to ask for my fucking blessing for you to be with Valarie!"

"Conrad is that true?" I ask quietly.

"Yeah, it is true." Jeremiah says.

"Look Val I just wanted-" Conrad starts.

"I can't do this right now." I say before turning around and walking to the beach, grabbing a bottle of vodka.

Many drinks later, I stood extremely drunk in the ocean.

"Valarie come back inside!" Conrad yells. "I'm not dragging your dead body out of the water!"

"Leave me alone!" I yell as my voice cracks.

Suddenly Conrad picked me up, and slung me over his shoulder while walking back to the house.

"Put me down!" I scream.

"No!" Conrad replies.

I push myself off him, and into the sand.

"Val, go to bed." Conrad sighs. "You're drunk."

I take a drink out of desperation. "Why didn't you tell me!"

"Tell you what Val?" He asks.

"You went to Jeremiah for his blessing! If I had knew you had cared about us that much I would've fought for you!" I sob drunkly.

"I thought you knew! No no I thought you knew!" Conrad cries.

"I though we loved each other!" I cry.

"We did!" Conrad panics.

"You wouldn't of left me if you did." I choke. "Now stop chasing me!"

"I can't." Conrad says. "I can't leave you."

"You already did." I slur.