goodbye

The dreaded day came. It was the day I leave Cousins. Probably for the last time till her funeral.

I sat down in my empty room in the house alone. There was a sad vibe in the house.

There's a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I yell.

Conrad opens the door, and gives me a solemn smile.

"Hi baby." He smiles as he walks over and sits by me.

"Hi." I sigh as I rest my head on his shoulder.

"You okay?" He asks.

"Yeah." I say.

"I know you're not, but we don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." He sighs.

"I won't wanna be emotional all day." I laugh.

"I get that." He laughs. "You wanna go downstairs? I'll help you with your bags."

"Sure." I smile.

"One more thing." He says.

"Huh?" I ask.

He pulls me in by my waist; and kisses me.

We go downstairs eventually, and put my bags by the door.

"You ready to go?" My mom asks.

"I though we were staying a few more hours?" I ask.

"I did too." Steven sighs.

"We need to beat traffic." My mom says.

"Mom can we just stay like another hour?" Belly asks.

"No. I understand you guys wanna stay with your little boyfriends but no, we're going home." My mom says sternly.

"Steven doesn't have a little boyfriend, and he wants to stay." I laugh passively.

"Yeah, maybe I wanna stay with Susannah." Steven scoffs.

"Steven." Susannah sighs.

Steven scoffs and storms outside.

I turn to go follow him, but Conrad stops me.

"Val, just let him be." Conrad sighs.

"Conrad just trust me." I say as I push past him and walk outside where Steven is.

He was pacing with his head in his hands outside the house.

"Steven." I sigh.

The second he sees me he dives into my arms.

"I can't do this Val." He cries.

Steven and I had gotten unbelievably close. Closer than before.

"Things are gonna get better Steven, we'll go home and then convince my mom to come back, okay?" I ask.

"Okay." He sighs.

We go back inside, and see that Susannah and my mom are no where to be seen.

"Where'd they go?" I ask.

"They started arguing, now they're down at the beach." Belly says. "Still arguing."

"My mom didn't want to argue in front of all of us." Conrad says.

"She never does." I smile. "Never wants to hurt you guys."

"Yeah." Conrad smiles.

We all stood there waiting, and Belly stood with Jer's arms around her the whole time.

"Hey Val, can you uh, come help me with something upstairs?" Conrad asks.

"Sure." I smile.

We go upstairs, and I was wondering what he needed help with, until we walked into his room and he shit the door behind us, and he was pinning me against it while kissing me.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." He says as he leans his forehead against mine.

"I'll miss you more." I smile.

"Shut up." He laughs.

"Val! We're leaving!" My mom yells.

"Shit." I say.

He desperately kisses me as if I'll disappear.

We go downstairs, and see my mom carrying her bags out the door.

I look at Susannah and run to her arms.

"I love you so much Valarie, you're the strongest and most beautiful woman I know." Susannah whispers as she kisses the top of my head. "You're perfect."

"I love you so much Susannah." I smile.

I look at Jer, and he hugs me tightly. He was like a brother, or a best friend to me.

"I love you Valarie, keep in touch." He says.

"I love you too Jer, see you soon." I smile.

Everything had sucked recently. Shayla and Steven broke up, Belly and Jer had been arguing, my mom and Susannah had been arguing, no one was getting a long, but Conrad made me feel better, and now I had to leave him.

I throw myself into his arms, and hug him as tight as I could, and he hugged me back.

I never wanted to leave him. I never wanted to go minutes without talking to him or without having him in my view. I would only have arguments with him if that meant I could still talk to him.

"I'll walk you to the car." He says.

We walk hand in hand out to the car, and when we get there he leans down and kisses me. Not a make out kiss, but one filled with words, desperation, and love.

And I knew I was so in love with him in this moment.

Flirt is when you fall for someone's words, lust is when you fall for their beauty, and love is when you fall for their soul. And I had fallen for Conrad Fisher's soul.

But I wasn't gonna say it first, it would ruin us.

"Goodbye Valarie." He says.

"Goodbye Conrad." I smile sadly.

I go to get in the passenger seat in the front of the car, but Conrad stops me.

"Hey Val?" He asks.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I love you."

There was a pause.

"I love you Conrad. So much more than you know."