〔 二十九 〕 setting fires into the night

taint it red and let it bloom

In a remote area of the Land of Fire, with the shinobi gathered in one place, Sakura moved forward from the center of the group.

"You're all bark, aren't you?" Sakura replied with a blatant provocation, because she was leaving the 'no bite' undone. "I don't know what are you planning, but stop poisoning Naruto's mind! And don't you dare underestimate us!"

For Sakura, Naruto became someone she could rely on the most—whether the matter was related to Sasuke or not. She had fallen short ever since, this time, she wanted to stand by his side on this fight. She, Akane, was Konoha's worst enemy. After dealing with her, they could go after Itachi Uchiha—the one who tormented Sasuke all those years.

"Meh," Akane only sighed, bored, "while you talk as if you have a relevance."

Glad with Sakura's interference, Naruto was finally awaken from a momentarily trance concealed in fear. It was odd; knowing he wasn't in a genjutsu, it felt like he was under it. The ferocious aura the scarlet-haired enshrouded was the exact thing when Itachi cast him into his genjutsu.

"Itachi said that some of you have improved . . . How about I'll decide for that?" With her fox-slitted pupils glistening with bloodlust, Akane launched her form forward.

When she decided who to attack first, she used a body flicker to transport behind her. Firstly, the med-ninja should be eliminated.

Akane possessed an enhanced stealth skills, with the pink-head noticing, she was already behind her.

A single stab of kunai on her neck would suffice to knock her down. Enhanced strength because of intensive chakra control was as basic as it seemed, but when it came to defense, she was on the weaker side. Even though she had the healing techniques, it was still useless once her head got detached.

The team's coordination must be worthy enough; before Akane's blade could reach her, she suddenly went motionless.

It only dawned her that she was under a Shadow Bind Technique.

Beside Shikamaru was Ino, and a hand seal for Mind-Body Switch Technique was already created—which she was attempting to take a total control of Akane's body.

Akane only had a few seconds to assess what was happening.

Sakura and Naruto were still astounded.

Kakashi and Sai were no where in sight.

Yamato was prepared to set his Wood Ninjutsu in motion and the same with Choji and his Body Expansion Jutsu—both would be released once her soul got switched.

Akane just grinned creepily, it was like evoking them to proceed what they were about to do.

With all her might, with her chakra enveloping her arms, she broke through the shadow binds. It would only a matter of milliseconds when Akane could cause a damage.