〔 八 〕 the kindling luminosity

He who had the crimson dye

Itachi accepted everything without grumbling.

His very treasured friend died, and her very existence still lingered on his mind.

It wasn't something the two had planned, but Itachi would most likely enter the Ninja Academy alone. And he was constantly thinking if he would meet someone like Akane in that place.

Of course, there would be none. The oddity of having another Akane to this present world would be like beyond the negative.

He sighed.

As if, hankering for her presence would bring her back to life.

All he could do was to remember and live in the present moment.

Never did he also hated being relocated right on the edge of the village, having a fair distance from the center of the business district.

For Itachi, he saw an opportunity for that. Once the new compound was built for the clan, rather than being scattered all over the village, the members of the clan would be brought together.

There was so much green all around them. He wouldn't get trouble finding a place for his training, just across the border of the village, beyond which rugged hills rolled the landscape. It was also a good, quiet place for his baby brother to grow up.

However, the adults felt diverse. Young or old ninjas would come to his father's place. They would most likely complain about the decision of the higher-ups.

Discrimination.

Persecution.

False accusations.

Itachi grew to feel that his clan was treated as monsters. With one utterance of the word Uchiha, it would mean traitors of the Leaf Village. It became normal, sadly. He hoped he could find someone that would help him to feel free to walk in the streets of their village without being rebuked; that he would find a place that would accept his clan in a good camaraderie.

He hoped that everything would feel all right again.

༺═──────────────═༻

The young Uchiha was also aware of the chief problem of his clan—namely the slander abuses of the village and the unjust treatment of the officials. Those people grew to fear and hate his clan, a little by little each day.