〔 十三 〕 fate's compass

Was it all a nightmare,

Or just a taste of reality.

A flash of lightning illuminated above.

Itachi's eyes lifted skyward. Next was a brilliant column of lightning ascending from the ground.

His eyebrows furrowed.

What he was feeling was déjà vu . . . A pang of nostalgia.

It couldn't be . . .

"Is there something wrong, Itachi?" asked his cousin.

"Say, Shisui . . ." Itachi muttered. "Can you track the chakra where the lightning emitting from?"

With Shisui's Sharingan, he could easily do it.

"I can, but why?"

Itachi only gave him a thrift grin. "There's something I want to confirm."

༺═──────────────═༻

Kakashi had fastened his pace, even though the storm was slowing him down. He was also untroubled by the fiercest storm he was facing. His whole form was being soaked by the mad, pouring rain, and continued treading the direction where the storm was forming. He didn't care at all. He had to reach the place as soon as possible, so that he could somehow prevent the impending disaster.

Kakashi knew how destructive it could be, especially when it wasn't controlled.

What's happening to her?

She was obviously not in a rational state.

He had to reach her as soon as possible—not just for anyone's sake, but for her sake alone. He knew that she was now alone in her life, having no one to lean on, so it somehow gave him a sense of duty to guard her.

Yet, he never did.

He had responsibilities to make, and prioritizing her was out of the list.

He was somewhat remorseful, thinking that this was an opportunity to make it up to her. It was never that too late, though. It wasn't. Kakashi was confident to come on time.

The place was unfamiliar for Kakashi, thus he followed his trusted ninja hound. Pakkun was very skilled, navigating the exact location through the storm without a problem.

The wind yowled its anger and the rain was unforgiving. The cracking thunderclaps were becoming louder as they blared relentlessly, making his ears rang.

He received her devastating letter well.

There was still something he could do . . .

Closer. A little longer.