〔 十六 〕 time will tell like humming melodies

A solitary blood-red flower,Now finding herself at the dawn of her life

Now finding herself at the dawn of her life.

Since the personality of autumn had overwhelmed the season, at a certain night, she decided to sleep outside.

Akane was already ten years old . . . And all of these correlations, it was the tenth day of the tenth month of the year—the day her parents died.

She slept on her parents' grave, curled like a ball, hugging herself tightly. This was her second visit after many years of grieving and denial.

The orphaned girl wouldn't cry anymore, but she was still hurting. Then again, that parting and yearning only overshadowed some nonsense incessant mornings.

Just like today . . . Another overshadowed incessant morning.

The morning dews dropped as a cradle. It somehow gave her a comfort. Akane felt like she was a severed tone that lost connection with her ceased family—that very family she could never unite along with the sunless sky being covered with great clouds and mellifluous melody.

Her eyes were still close, yet she clenched her fist hard, and there was a surging frustration filling up her heart.

Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki made a legacy, but never the daughter. The world might have forgotten about Akane by now, but she still remembered everything.

And for an intelligent child, who never had forgotten everything, she felt like she was forgetting something—something like a missing piece.

Tenth of October . . .

Forgetting something . . .

Something . . ? More like—

". . . -san?"

Suddenly, there was a poke on her cheek.

That awakened her consciousness.

"Nee-san? You okay?"

Akane frowned her eyebrows at the sound of a high-pitched kid. She slightly opened an eye, and, in an abrupt movement, she swatted the hand away from her. The young lass shot up from her rest and moved inches backward as if she saw something that disgusted her. She glared at the kid, a contour of resentment painted her face.

"Oh, sorry . . . Did I surprise ya, nee-san?"

Her stares were intense—initiating an unwelcoming vibes—but the kid was only looking at her innocently.

She grunted, annoyed, shifting her gaze sharply on her right.

The very kid robbed her ability to respond in such situation. All of the people, this kid was the one who found her.

"Why are ya sleeping out here alone, nee-san?"

At first glance, the kid had a galling, persistently nosy personality. But he was right. Why would she sleep here?