〔 三十 〕 tempest of the stormkeeper

A single breath was only her limit,

so she took a deep inhale.

Akane had no time to contemplate. She knew what it felt like to be in an illusion—thanks to Itachi—thus this wasn't a genjutsu.

Kakashi-san doesn't know how to make a genjutsu.

Yes, in spite of having the Mangekyo.

Then she exhaled.

"If you're gonna fire that Bijuu Ball, your teacher will die, y'know?" Akane would definitely be fine. "Even your frie—"

Out of its wits, the Kyuubi unleashed the chakra ball like an asshole it was.

She sighed first before creating hand seals.

Snake → Horse → Rat → Ram

The Space-time Barrier was constructed and it had an appearance of a spider lily, and it revolved around the manipulation of the space-time continuum. Akane could enter or put any objects, at will, into a dimensional void that could instantaneously transport someone or something to a certain location. It was kinda neat—folding the spacetime and popping out in a different place.

Akane directed the Tailed Beast Ball towards the sky and let it explode there. The atmosphere above lightened up in a brief moment, painting it in the colors of devastation. Even if it was a high-altitude blast, the vaporizing heat could still be felt in the low areas—the small wavelengths penetrating the atmosphere and colliding with air molecules.

The shockwave from the first Bijūdama hadn't ceased yet, but the Nine Tails was charging another dense chakra bomb on its mouth.

Not this time.

And with a single stroke of her hand, Akane manifested a lightning bolt and projected it to the mouth of the Kyuubi. It passed through its levator nasolabialis and jaw and now got pinned on the ground. Just like the usual, the lightning solidified. The beast's attack was put into an end, yet the Kyuubi resisted still by pulling its mouth out of the Adamantine steel.

Its shrilling, growling screams were making Akane shivered up to tips of her hair. She balled her fists, gritting her teeth, and glaring darkly to the Kyuubi.

She hated this creature—a physical expression of cataclysm shouldn't exist.

"Long time no see, huh?" she greeted with a deathly tone that matched her aura. "I wonder if you still remember me?"

And the demon fox responded by writhing out its tails and destroying the landscape.

Oh, it remembers me well.

The dust was billowing haphazardly. Even though the mouth was closed, the creature was still shrieking as if it set off thunders to the ground and it caused the earth to shake—only succumbing to its destructive impulses.