Fact no.2 : Noah Coin is a prick

APRIL

Prick.

Noah Coin is a prick.

A prick I'll have to face daily for the rest of the summer if I don't convince him that going to an awesome villa in Spain to spend his holiday with his best friend isn't actually what he wants.

I can see that the odds aren't exactly in my favour. I mean, who wouldn't say yes.

However, it's still worth a try.

Which leads me to the football field, where Noah Coin is currently running shirtless around. He even made himself an audience. Girls who stopped at the railing to look at him. They don't know that it's all a plan. His mastermind plan. Attract girls with sweet abs and muscles that show the fact the guy's an athlete. Tanned skin and dark hair with dark eyes. It's all a trick, to bring them to him. It's only then they realize their mistake. Only when they're heartbroken and crying on the floor.

Prick.

I come closer to the railing. Kai, who already spotted me, gives me a wave. I smile at him in return and wave back. That must have caught Coin's attention since he now also turns in my direction and a grin forms on his face. He waves at me teasingly. I show him the middle finger instead.

No, April. You need to win him on your side. Flipping him off won't help.

I flash an innocent smile, making him curious. I usually look at him like I would like to kill him the next second. This face expression feels new in front of him. New, yet somehow also familiar. Familiar, but buried deep down in my soul. Hidden. And I don't want it to become familiar again.

Rage grows inside me at the memories. Hands. Mouth. Bed. I swallow hard and try not to focus on them now.

Coin is meanwhile running towards me and only stops as we're a few inches away. He's leaning on the railing and smirking wide.

"Precious, a pleasure, as always", he greets me. Precious. That stupid nickname. As if the memories I carry inside wouldn't fuel my rage enough already, he also has to use the nickname he used to call me when he would say I'm his world. Or when he'd kiss me and I would shiver under his touch from the butterflies.

Liar.

Prick.

I swallow hard again and begin: "You aren't coming to Spain with us."

Coin even makes himself the effort to look surprised for a second. Only before that surprise is turned in amusement.

"So, Kai told you...", he says. I only nod. He continues: "He also told me you're taking Dia with you, so I don't see the logic."

Right.

I get Coin's logic. If I get a plus-one, then Kai gets a plus-one too. That's what Mom said too.

The only problem is that my brother chose him as a plus-one.

"I'm going to be honest with you", I say, my voice getting more serious. He doesn't seem to notice and teases me: "That would be a first." I roll my eyes and make sure to make it extra dramatic than usual.

"I hate you", I tell him. If he was hurt or surprised, he had the common sense not to show it. I continue: "And I am not going to make this an easy trip for you. I will talk a lot and will make your days a nightmare. You wouldn't want that, would you now?"

He seems to consider it for a moment. A little light of hope flickers inside me. Until he grins again and replies: "I think I can put up with your talking, precious."

"No, you don't. You hate my talking."

"I find it rather enjoyable how you think you are always right."

"Because I am."

He even dares laugh.

Prick.

"Right or no, I am coming to Spain. And you can like it or not, but I am coming on that trip", he says, his tone showing he reached his decision. And that he won't change his mind.

It's still worth a try.

"But..."

"See you at the airport, precious", he adds as he's running back to the guys training. I can't help it but to let out a loud prick. Still running, he turns around for a second for me to see his smirk.

I roll my eyes and make myself on my way back to my dorm room to pack my bags.

Because I am going on a trip.

And trust me, Noah Coin will regret he ever agreed to join this trip.

I'll make sure of it.