15.

It isn't to often that I spend time alone with Elrond just doing nothing. Okay we do spend a fair amount of time together but those times we are either researching about my parents or Elrond is teaching me more about the elves. But right now in this moment as the two of us are sitting here alone,it's just perfect. Just being out of sight with Elrond is wonderful,I'm thankful not many or maybe know one knows this bench is hidden back here. After our small conversation and kiss,the two of us sit in comfortable silence.

I still had ahold of Elrond's hand and I also decided to lean my head on the lord's shoulder. With the blue sky, sunshine and the distant sound of flowing water not to mention the handsome elf beside me,it couldn't get more beautiful. Of course it could get worse but I'd rather not think about that. Strangely though our peace was disturbed but accidentally,as it very quiet where we are currently we overhead a conversation between Marwin and Harwin. It seemed the brother and sister are arguing about something.

The two of us looked at each other not sure on what to do,if we stayed here listening it would be rude to hear a private conversation. But if we moved and are seen it could be worse,so we decided on the simpler option of staying put and having to listen to the conversation,as it seemed the brother and sister are stood just on the other side of the hedge from where we are. The conversation seems to mainly be about Kolvar and his closeness to Marwin,which wasn't that important to us. But then the topic of discussion turned weirdly to us.

"...you do realise right that this Kolvar you like so much, actually hates Lord Elrond right?"Harwin said
"Yes I am aware of that"Marwin said " His father doesn't believe that Elrond is that good of a healer"
"That's stupid everyone knows Elrond is one of the best healers in Middle Earth"Harwin said
"Well I can't help it that Kolvar's father doesn't like the lord of Rivendell" Marwin said
"Yes but your friend Y/n is a good friend of his and I'm pretty certain there is something going on between them" Harwin said.

"Well that would explain why Hawin gave up on you so suddenly" Elrond said quietly to me
"He never mentioned that bit to me before"I said
"Don't be stupid Har,I know Y/n and Lord Elrond isn't her type" Marwin said
" Are you sure about that sister,you don't seem very confident" Harwin said
"She couldn't like him" Marwin said,it sounded like she is walking about
"It does make sense if you think about it,they do spend a lot of time together and most of the time they are alone" Harwin points out.

"But surely if Y/n likes Elrond she would have told me? I'm her best friend" Marwin said
"I doubt it though,you have been persistent in wanted her to date me. So why would she tell you she has a crush on another" Harwin tells her
"Why are my best friends keeping things from me?" Marwin said annoyed" First Lunna knows the Uralendan family personally and now Y/n is interested in the damn lord of this city"
"Calm down Mar,it's not like you haven't kept anything from them before"Harwin said
"This is different" Marwin says.

"How?" Harwin asks
"It just is okay" Marwin said" I will get to the bottom of this one way or another" the conversation ended there. Neither of us moved or talked for a few seconds just incase,then I said
"I didn't realise that Marwin would have such a problem with us"
"It would seem that you friend has a problem with me,not you" Elrond said "Perhaps she doesn't like the age difference between us"
"Or maybe she has spent to much time with Kolvar" I said" And any way it's none of her business who I want to be with."

"I think what most bothers your friend is that fact you didn't tell her how you truly feel about me" Elrond said
"I didn't exactly understand it myself until I talked to Lunna" I said" If I had told her that I liked you,she would have tried to tell me to stay away and be with her brother"
"What might be best is for you to talk this threw with her,that way there are no more problems" Elrond suggested
"If you think that is best then I will" I said
"I do believe it could be of great help to you and Marwin" Elrond said
"Okay I will find Marwin and talk to her tomorrow,but for now I want to stay with you."