3. bad idea

3. bad idea

Laena cannot shake the distinct feeling of being watched, the tension and fear coursing through her veins becoming more palpable by the second. Every corner she turns, she feels her skin begin to crawl, her heart skipping a beat.

The air is thick and humid and the road she happens to be walking on is an unfamiliar one, haven walked it only a handful of times. The street names are foreign to her and she can feel the murky pits of her stomach begin to turn.

She had not meant to be out so late in an area she barely knows, but her work collogues had begged her to come out and party with them to celebrate a deal they had just closed with a big client. Grudgingly, she had accepted thinking it'd be a great way to loosen up and broaden her network though she had not been able to shake the uneasiness that had settled in her stomach by the start of the night. It was now 2am and everyone had parted their separate ways, leaving Laena all alone.

Her heart drumming in her chest, she began to regret accepting a drink from the stranger in the corner with the nice smile, the one who had tried to make an advance on her from the very beginning of the night.

As she pondered it more, his smile began to look more like a smirk. 

"Fuck," she murmurs as footsteps begin to approach. Cursing softly, she begins to pick up her pace, staggering from side to side as her face begins to blanch.

"Shit, shit, shit," stars have begun to swim in her vision and her head appears to be ringing, clearly the affects of whatever drug he had slipped into her drink.

With shaky hands, she unclasps her purse, snapping out her phone and dialing the first number that appears, mentally praying that they will answer.

"Wagwan," a deep voice speaks through the phone, answering at the first ring and if Laena had been sober, she would have mentally cursed herself for not checking who she had called first.

"Help me," she speaks slowly, slurring out her words, "Help me, Sully." It is then that the pounding in her chest began to reveal itself and her heart had begun to burn. This cannot be happening now, she thinks. 

There is silence for a moment before Sully speaks again, "What the fuck happened?"

"I think— I think my drink was spiked," she's leaning against a wall now, in some dark alleyway, her voice barely above a whisper. She has managed to conceal herself behind some wheelie bins.

"Well what the fuck do you want me to do about that?" Retorts Sully. Laena can hear the annoyance in his tone.

"Come get me," she begins to beg, hot tears threatening to slide down her face. "Please Sully, please. I'm scared." Her voice cracks.

She can hear him kiss his teeth before he replies, "Send me your location, I'll be there in five."

Sully is true to his word and arrives in five minutes, just in time to see a man attempting to scoop Laena into his arms. She's a slurring mess, begging him to let her go, convincing him that her friend is on his way.

"Fuck," he curses as he approaches them. 

Her face lights up, relief beginning to flood her features, "You came."

"You called," Sully grunts out as the man loosens his grip on Laena, turning to face Sully.

He is taller than Sully by quite a few inches, broader too. But Sully is faster. In a second, the man is on the ground, wailing in pain as Sully grabs Laena's arm, hard.

He yanks her towards his car, bundling her in before beggining to speed away before the man can chase them. 

For ten agonizing minutes they drive in silence before Laena begins to speak.

"I'm so—"

Sully stops the car, turning to face her, there is anger written all over his face and his eyebrows are screwed up together, but better yet his eyes are laced with concern. "What the fuck were you thinking Helaena? Are you some dickhead that you accept a drink from a fucking stranger." He shakes his head, kissing his teeth.

Usually, she would cringe at the use of her government name, instead she groans out again, in pain. "Please Sully," she's mumbling now, "Not now." 

 He gives her an exasperated look, "If not now then when, huh?" 

She sinks deeper in her seat, "Why are you being so difficult, Sully," her head is spinning and she's trying to keep her breathing steady. "Please, just take me home." She resists the urge to claw at her face, to peel of her skin so she no longer feels the mans touch on her skin.

He turns to face her, seeing the hot tears pouring down her skin and her hand rubbing at her temple. 

He does not speak again as she sobs silently beside him.

author's note:
it was a bad ideaaaa calling u upppp, wallah i'm hopeless with chapter names tbh

also why is sully lowk a big fat LLLL. tbh, i thought the 'you came' 'you called' thing was so slick of me, had me feeling so sly.