6. heart to heart

6. heart to heart

Sully enters with a scowl on his face, hands in his pockets, hood drawn. Laena thinks he's going to pull out a gun and shoot her, he doesn't of course.

(What he does is much worse though.)

He pulls the moth-bitten blanket off Laena, throwing it aside, then he reaches into his back pocket, pulling out an orange pillbottle.

Laena shakes her head once, then twice.

"What are you doing with those, Sully?" she questions feverishly, eyes darting between Sully and Pebbles who is staring at her with wide eyes from behind Sully.

"You haven't been taking your pills?" he replies gruffly, pouring two out into his hands, "behind on your prescription, innit."

Laena shakes her head furiously, she's sure that if she shakes it any harder it will fall right off. "That's not your problem, Sullivan."

He winces at the use of his government name. "Don't be difficult," he says, choosing to ignore her snarky comments as he kisses his teeth. "Just take the fucking pills, Helaena."

His voice is not gentle, nor soothing, it's gravelly and rough, but something inside of Laena twists, and she obeys.  Grudgingly, she holds out her hands, accepting the pills and the cup of water Pebbles had just gotten from the kitchen.

"I hope you know that this is your fault," she curses out as she swallows the pills, downing the water straight after to help it go down.

Her body begins to shudder at the feel of the drug in her system, and she swears she can already feel the depression hitting her head on. Sully thinks she's being dramatic.

"

Who told you anyway?" she asks when they've settled down, the buzz
of the TV set illuminating up the small space.

He doesn't seem to hear her at first, either that or he's ignoring her for reasons she does not know.

She repeats the question.

"Pebbles," he says, eyes glued to his phone - he hasn't put it down since practically forcing the pills down Laena's throat.

Laena narrows her eyes at Pebbles.

"Oi, don't bait me out Uncs." Pebbles says, screwing her face at him. "I'm gone anyway, gonna go see Tash."

It is then that Sully looks up from the phone screen and Laena swears she can practically feel his blood run cold as Pebble swaggers out the house, his anger and sadness radiating off him.

Laena's never seen him express this much feeling.

"Do you miss her?" she mumbles out the question, though her gaze is fixated upon his beautiful green eyes.

She wonders what it would be like to melt inside the dark green pools, she thinks it'd be close to heaven.

"What kind of dickhead question is that," he says, kissing his teeth. He puts his phone down. "Of course I fucking miss her, shes my kid - my daughter."

"Do you ever think about Jason?" she rambles out. "I mean I know you two were close, I-"

Sully's face contorts into a violent expression of anger, a twinge of pain sparking up in his cold eyes. "Don't go there Laena," he says shaking his head softly. "That kid never had no luck in life, never." He repeats the never so softly that Laena almost misses it.

Sully begins to shrink into himself and Laena has never felt so big.

She hates it - watching his face twist in pain and the tears sting up his eyes. It's evil of her to go this far, but Laena wants to hurt Sully, hurt him bad.

"Why didn't you save him?"

And then Sully's hands are wrapped around her throat, pressing her deep into the leather sofa.

Laena's sure she can feel her heartrate beginning to slow and Sully looks at her with such disgust that she wishes it would.

She hates herself right now, almost as much as he does.

He releases her after her lips begin to turn blue.

"I should've left you to that man. I should've let him tear you to fucking pieces," Sully spits out, sneering at her, his eyes ablaze with fury. He's got an animalistic look in his eyes and Laena's sure he'd tear her to shreds if they didn't have so much history behind them.

"You don't mean that," she mumbles out, tears in her eyes.

"Oh I do. I really fucking do," he spits out, slamming the door on his way out.

Then Laena wishes it had been a gun he had pulled out his pockets, not the damn bottle of pills, maybe then she wouldn't be feeling so empty, so shitty.

author's note:
im negl, i am wayyy 2 tired 2 acknowledge if this even makes sense but yoloooo. also i had this whole story fleshed out but after this chapter...idek anymore

lmk your thoughts!!!

also laena is so damn problematic like let sully rest. can he catch a BREAK??? this was supposed 2 be some heart 2 heart but NO i literally want evil.  evillllllllllllllllllll. pain xxx