9. lost without u

9. lost without u

Sully sits in an empty parking lot, one hand on the steering wheel and the other gripping Laena's thigh.

She closes her eyes, her body sinking deeper into the seat as his fingers rise up her leg.

She squirms beneath his grasp.

And then Laena opens her eyes.

She is not in that car, Sully is not next to her, and his fingers are not creeping up her thigh.

Her face flushes red as she sits up, disturbed from her sleep by the pouding at the door.

She does not know what he has done to her - what sorcery he has cast over her to make him be at the forefront of her mind every day, all day.

She is sick of it; sick of searching for his face in every stranger she sees, trying to seek out his dark green eyes in every packed room.

The pounding grows and Laena grumbles to herself, knowing that Pebbles has probably forgotten her keys. But when she opens it, Dushane barrels inside, a frown on his face.

He's shoving a phone in her face.

"Watch it," he hisses out as her eyes squint in confusion. "Watch the fucking video, Helaena."

So she watches and she feels the bile begin to rise to her throat as the video goes on, and on.

It doesn't seem to end, and neither does the stabbing feeling in Laena's chest. It feels like she's the one being punched over and over and over..

"Stop it," she tries to push the phone out of her face but she can't seem to move her hands, they're frozen by her side just as her eyes are frozen on the screen, watching helplessly.

It's Sully on the screen and there are a group of men kicking him, punching him.

Laena feels her insides twist as he does not resist, does not fight back.

She wants to scream at him to lift his arms, to screw his hands into a fist and punch and punch and punch. He uses violence to get out of everything, but it will not help him, not this time.

Instead his eyes roll back into his head and then Laena begins her screaming.

She doesn't realise that Sully has not uttered a single word.

Sully is chained to the floor. His throat is hoarse and dry and the taste in his mouth is metallic and bitter.

Everything hurts, everything is blurry, but all he can see is her crouching beside him, her hands cupping his face.

"Stay with me," she's whispering, over and over.

He thinks that she's the most beautiful girl in the world.

He wants to tell her that she's pretty but the pain in his chest only grows and he can't seem to choke out the words. He tries to force out the syllables, shape out the words with his fingers but he cannot move, and everything hurts.

All he feels is pain and the feel of her hands on his cheek.

Her touch is warm.

Warm, warm, warm.

There's blood on his hands and his face and his clothes and he prays it's not hers, prays it's his own.

He does not want to see her hurt.

In some fucked up way of his own he really, really cares about her.

He doesn't know what she's done to him - what sorcery she has cast over his mind, body and soul to make her be the forefront of his mind over and over.

It's stupid, he's stupid, she's stupid yet her kiss, her voice, her touch suffocates his mind, haunting him, taunting him.

She's touched every part of his soul and he knows that he will never be able to have her, hold her, love her in the way she deserves to be loved.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

He's such an idiot, he thinks, as the throbbing in his head grows and the stars begin to swin in his vision, blurring her out completely.

He wants to tell her to stay, wants to tell her that he wishes he had kissed her for longer. He wants to feel the warmth of her lips on his.

"Just a second longer," he whispers.

Then the world goes dark and Laena is no longer crouching beside him, in fact, he's all alone in this dark room.

Sully decides then that he does not like the dark if it takes her away from him.

He does not like anything that forces him out of her grasp.

author's note:
are we moving 2 fast? also to confirm laena is not crouching down beside him, sully is in fact all alone & is hallucinating also ik the descriptions r lacking this chapter when there's sm more i cn do wit this but im literally listening 2 montell fish and this man distracts me wit his beautiful voice so no this is the best ur gonna get bye sorry i am LAZY!!!!

yk the drill, thoughts as alwaysssss