11. wrath of man

11. wrath of man

Dushane knows that Sully will not want Laena to see him so weak; so vulnerable. She knows he will hate how her face will morph into an expression of pity and how her eyebrows will furrow in worry. 

But Dushane also knows that Sully will be grateful - glad that Laena will see him as something other than a cold shoulder to lean on, like a person.

Sully does not talk about his feelings much but Dushane knows him like the back of his hands; understands what the pauses in-between his sentences mean and what the unspoken words in the tense silences really are. 

Dushane knows Sully like a man knows his son, like the sun knows the moon - without each other they will simply cease to exist.

Dushane knows Sully like he knows himself, which is why he agrees when Laena asks to come along.

Laena knaws at her bottom lip til it draws blood, anxiety coursing through her veins as Dushane demonstrates how to use a firearm for the twentieth time that day.

He reassures her that she won't have to use it, that Jaq will be right by her side the whole time. Laena knows what he means - how he intends to keep her away from the bloodshed, something he owes Sully.

But Laena is not scared, no. She's terrified, actually. Anxiety eats away at her and floods of terror wash over her - what if they get there and he is already dead?

But she's also angry, filled with immense amounts of wrath. She's angry at Pebbles, she's angry at Sully, and even Dushane. Most of all, she's angry at herself. She prides herself in sensing when situations change, but she had not been able to see this one coming.

Laena does not like unpredictability, hates it even.

She wants to use the gun that's wedged in-between her hands and her jacket pocket, the one that's already loaded with bullets.

Laena will take a life today, and she does not think that she will regret it.

author's note:
guys im super busy w school-work and shit so updates r v short n lacking. ikk what's gonna happen nxt chapter but im tryna delay it bc i wanna make it good n spend time on it but i hav no time rn, therefore ur getting this short af chapter sorryyyy

thoughts?

ALSO tysm for 5k+ reads, that is INSANE!!!!! i'm literally in shock. 4 u readers, u shld go check out my other topboy fics xxx also don't b a ghost reader n pls comment n vote cuz ur comments always entertaining tho there's not much 2 comment on in this dry chapter xx