7. you came a long way but u went the wrong way

Laena is unsure of how to say sorry to a man who does not forgive.

She thinks that the best course of action to take is to drown out her sorrow and misfortune in half her body weight of alcohol, but Pebbles disagrees.

Now Laena is holding the hand of a girl she barely knows, leading her down a concrete path towards a narrow boat.

Every step she takes, the tighter her grip on the girls hand becomes. She swears it's for Tashs' safety, but really Laena is the one who is scared, terrified even.

What if he takes it the wrong way? What if he thinks she's using his daughter to force him to forgive her? It's child exploitation at its finest, but Laena will take her chances because what choice does she have left?

They step onto the boat and Laena tells Tash to mind her step.

The blood rushes to her head as she feels the boat swaying beneath her feet, the waves are roaring today and Laena wants to take it as a sign to run in the opposite direction.

Instead she knocks, once, then twice.

The creaky door opens on the third knock and Sully steps out, looking disshevelled.

Laena can smell the alcohol on his breath as he speaks, "What are you doing here," he slurs, glancing at Tash and his eyes soften, "with her."

Laena wants to cover Tashs' eyes and not let this image of her father be the one she remembers - she does not need to see him looking so lost, so alone, full of dark eyebags and red eyes, not at all the hero she had envisioned.

He does not look like the Sully either of them know.

He is looking at her expectantly, as though he really expects an answer.

Laena is taken aback, stumped even.

"I brought Tash."

He raises a brow, lifting the beer to his lips as he takes a swig. "I can see that."

Tash remains silent, eyes wide in fear and confusion - this isn't the dad she remembers; the one who read her a bedtime story and bought her the pretty necklace that she's wearing right now.

Laena turns to face Tash, kneeling so they are eye to eye, "Go and wait in the car, sweetie," she says with a smile, cupping Tashs' face in her hands.

When she's sure the girl has gone, she turns to face Sully, anger in her eyes.

"What the fuck is wrong with you," she hisses out, pushing past him and into his boat.

He follows, shutting the door behind them.

The boat is a mess, clothes and empty beer bottles strewn across the place. Laena cannot ignore the mess, becoming fidgety at the sight.

"No," he snaps back, discarding the bottle and grabbing Laena's chin, turning it to face him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" He points his free finger at her chest. "You fucking hypocrite." He shouts as she flinches at his tone.

Laena's heart beats at about a thousand miles an hour.

He reeks of alcohol and aftershave and Laena decides that she quite likes the smell.

"You brought my daughter here to force me to forgive you," he continues, his face edging closer to her.

She gulps.

His eyes are on her lips now, "If you wanted forgiveness," she feels his hot breath fan across her face.

Laena feels weak at the knees, she can't explain the feeling that washes over her.

He can't be doing this, not to her and not now when things are going so horribly wrong.

Then his lips are on hers.

She's frozen as he drags down on her bottom lip. And then she's kissing him back and she does not know why.

She wants to push him off her, tell him that he's drunk. But she can't.  H
Instead her lips are stuck molding against his.

His kiss is not gentle; it's passionate and angry and it makes her vision blur and her head hurt.

(She likes it, she likes this.)

He pulls away from her as she lets out a low moan, her face flushing red, his filled with hatred and lust.

"You could've just asked." He finishes.

author's note:
ummmmmmm.... ya so that jus happened LOLOL quite a bit 2 unpack

this was supposed 2 be cutesy but it jus felt so wrong w her bringing tash to make him forgive her so instead i decided to make them b even more morally wrong and fucked up. i lit dk how to undo this??? like how do i go form this to cutesie sweet fluff and not angst and enemies to lovers ewwww HELPP

anyway opinions as always xxxx

yes i did listen to 4 your eyez only on repeat as i wrote this x