TVB- Prologue

DAHARTHYA

"I don't understand why you want to attend this sick festival of Gujratis. We have always kept our distance from them because those people don't have any ethical roots!" My brother's speaks out from behind me.

He was the advisor, the man with the sanity in my bewildered life, he knew what was right and what was wrong, and he offered me the choices and options after he analysed them in his skull.

I evaluated and then chose the one with the most fun because all his options were draining. I did not listen to his muttering behind me with Ekvarthya.

"Everyone has been defining how the Gujrat's Rajadi family is extremely influential. I am just going to see how extreme their strength is, and there is no reason for us to be at potential war with them if they invited us to their function?" I said only because I wanted him to stop his ridiculous mumbling.

He shook his head in denial, "I refuse to believe that is what you are doing!" He said and I started to chuckle.

"Motherfucker, ask me if I care?" I said restraining my growing frustration towards him, The closer the car drove through the highway.

Rajasthani royalty and the notable families of Gujrat have never gone hand in hand with each other. So we received a peace offering from the Gujarati as they invited us to Durga pooja, I chose to take that offer.

People might be blinded by the thought that the ruling of individual states is carried out by governments. But it's not, every state bares a community, and some congregations that are aligned with the politicians are leading from behind the scenes, and Rajadi family was of Gujrat.

My reach wasn't to strengthen my feet in Gujrat, it was the sole purpose of entertainment.

When the car finally passed through the narrow streets of Gujrat so many shops, and so many people some decent. And some very below-average.

The car enters a rather open area with cars surrounded. I turned behind, to look at Jasvanthya who just hid two knives in the insides of the kurta. I closed my eyes,
"There is not going to be a fight, Jasvanthya!" I reassured him. He just ignored me and stepped out of the car.

My face was followed by a smirk, opening the door. I stepped outside. Some men dressed in black kurta pyjamas turned and said something to the man next to him, who instantly ran inside, probably to tell Joshil that we were there.

It was within moments by the time we reached, the door of their kothi, Joshil and a whole bunch of men were at the door.

And I was here, with Jasvanthya and Vidyut alone. Did not feel the need to show up with a bunch of goons I am sure one knife can slit the entire Rajadi family.

"When we sent the invitation we did not think you would show up! Rajput Sahab!" He said, stepping forward, and widening his arms for a gesture of hug, but I joined my hands in a greeting. He awkwardly laughed, as he joined his as well.

"Is it regret I spot in your words, Joshil?" I asked him, only to be coy when he instantly denied it!

"Of course not! I couldn't be happier, that you showed up at our pooja! We can take this as an acceptance of collaborations?" He asked me, I sneered in reply.

Rajasthan grows weeds, and Gujrat has drug peddlers! We have always been against each other. But what else Gujrat has one liquor business operated by the Rajadi because the government had banned it here. But Rajasthan? We are a partial source of the supply throughout India.

When I entered the threshold of his open Kothi, the roofless veranda had a beautiful ceiling of the sky itself, in the corner of the open area sat a huge Lord Durga statue, with all the necessary but gold-based accessories on it.

My eyes wandered to the mob of people, Unlike our Rajasthani parties their function was crowded with people, and the women were rather very open with their gestures and behaviour.

In Rajasthani festivals, people would create a circle and stand aside in a corner and a woman would talk to a woman, and if she must communicate with a man it must be blood relative, but I can say their culture was rather open than ours.

And they had many women around. All dressed in cotton printed, lehengas till their ankles the dupatta which was just hanging on their low-cut blouses was for show. I can see more skin of the woman than a man would see of his wife in our culture.

Their faces were open, and no veils, smiling and laughing with any random man. "I can't even imagine our women around these women." I heard Vidyut behind me, and I laughed.

I was taken to the huge statue of the lord, where I closed my eyes and did my prayer I am not a very religious man but I am not an atheist either.

I turned around back front, as Joshil offered me a seat on the round chair conference table they had settled, No sitting arrangements?

I just sat down on the rough armchair. As water and tea were served.
It was evening, and the night sky was a mixture of blue with grey clouds drawing an artwork of its own.

Joshil talked and talked, some with his men, some about the business, strangely even when the women were around and tried to make conversations with me. But I did not have much to say to his blockhead I have come to realise he is,

When I got on my feet, I heard people snapping awake, reaching for their knives and guns. But I just laughed,

And put out my cigar from my pocket. Showing them the cigar and the lighter, all of their muscles rested down.

They are bloodthirsty! I am not! "I will find a much quieter place for this," I said trying to tell Joshil to shut the fuck his mothertherfucking mouth. I turned around and stepped out, walking at the other end of the door rather than the entrance, It looked like a second exit, and I reached its threshold, lighting my cigar in my mouth and my eyes landed on this slim figure on the stairs just a few steps below. She was leaning forward completely, hooking her anklet, her olive skin made my heartbeat stop, as my eyes took in her beautiful sharp features.

Her tall nose, with her sharp jawline, tender lips, long neck and slid down to her deep blouse with the dupatta that had fallen, her blouse holding onto her bosoms hard. The hook of her blouse was fighting for its life to pop open, and yet her gaze was settled on her anklet.

I would bet my life if someone told me they could get that blouse to uncork.
She raised her eyes to meet mine when she witnessed by shadow on the stairs, meeting my gaze with her grey eyes, which you can confuse be green if stared harder into them.

Her one eyebrow cocked, but she took her dupatta and covered her chest pulling herself up.

"Kaise hai?" (How is it) She asked as she climbed one step, her anklet rang as she stumped her feet, crashing on the stair.

Her question astounded me, my eyes widened but I raised my head higher, questioning her with just my expression.

Another step prompt, with another ringing anklet, "Itne der se nihar rahe the unhe, kaise hai?" (You were watching them for such a long time, how are they) she asked me, again, halting three stairs below me.

I got confused but if she could act immodest, even I could be unchaste,
"Acche hai," I spoke slowly when she frowned but more in an act, (They are nice)

"Bas ache hai?" She covered another step between us, closer to me, and my face, I smirked at her face, (Just nice)

She climbed another step, "Bohot acche hai!" I said brazenly, (They are very nice)

She covered the last step, as she smiled, "Par inhe paane ke liye na, aukat chahiye!" (But you need to be high status to have them!) she said as she passed by me entering the veranda.

And I turned around,

She shouldn't have bring up Aukat. Kyu ki ab toh dikhana hi padega!

(She shouldn't have bring up status, because now I will have to show her)