TVB - 07

DAHARTHYA

"Say it back warna iss saand ki bali, devi kudh chadayegi,"

The cold steel against my neck was screaming accomplishment. The triumph of finding the greatest monarch this world of typical women had to offer.

One that will slay for her man, to protect her pride, and even slay her own man. If she had to. Her command was to speak something I had already shown her with my gesture.
A huge smile appeared on my face, a mock it was to her father.

He looked at his daughter, and his eyes widened. It was a good show for the guests but of course. Daharthya Rajput I am. There is no way, anything will occur, without the necessary attention.

My presence demands it, but so does the goddess ultimately get it. And we together were a massive facade of crucial drama. We will give them the best show.  Either it's to show my goddess, my love.

It's a strange word, to utter, but that one person can make you do the strangest thing. I was always a brutal man, but my brutality never went down to objectifying women for a medal to win in a game.

But wanting Ahilya was a sick need, to prove that there is only Daharthya for Ahilya. My back ached with the pain that flickered earlier by her father's knife, but my heart faltered with the words my queen spoke to me.

I held the end of her sword and turned around, those almost grey eyes witnessed me with cruel scrutiny but there was something strange in them today, was it nervousness? A question I will ask back?

A smile passed my face, I let go of her sword, and she pushed it in front of my throat, my queen, my goddess in a wedding dress, with a sword at the throat of her husband.

I held the knife in my hand tighter and in one swipe I attacked her blade and her hands fumbled aside but she brought it quickly to put me in place.

But how can you put someone in place, who has lost it in someone else's mystery maze?

“Mai apne aap se bohot pyaar karti hu Daharthya Rajput.” her words were taunting, even if her hand was holding the wrong stance to kill a man, one who can defend himself.

“Orr, aapko aapse zyada pyaar kar ke dikha diya, toh?” My question rose her head higher, the pull of the corner of her lips held acknowledgement that I just admitted I love her too.

And she started laughing dropping her word.
“Toh kya? Mai Ahilya Rajadi hu, mujhse kabhi galti nahi hosakti. Jaise sahi insaan ko chun ke chahne mai nahi Hui."

A big laugh pulled on my face. “Ahilya Rajadi nahi, soon to be Ahilya Rajput,”
“Shenaiya bajayi jaye. Aapke ex-raja pe raj karne ke liye ham durga la rahe hai!” My words were a declaration! Yo restart the act of matrimony. But I couldn't wait to claim her, claim that mouth that speaks her own appraisal.

Jasvanthya walked towards me, while the arrangements started to be made, my back hurt but there a king wouldn't fumble on his promise of the wedding because of a knife. Today, I will burn that fire that will seal this marriage with a bit of ghee and my blood, so I am bound by more than just agni-sakshi.

He held my arm, "You are the king. And you are the only one who will remain to be. You can't step down without a given reason."

“My reason is my goddess!”

“Your goddess needs a status to maintain her vanity. And if you want to keep her just as high, you wouldn't be a fool to give up on a throne you want to make her sit. Daharthya!” he committed.

I turned to see Ahilya who was near her father now, eyes of affection but hostility both shadowing down.
“She only walked down the aisle because I promised her.”
I said.