TVD - 01

SAMAIRA

My eyes were resting on my stilettoes on my feet, while my father aka Raja Sahab and my mother sat across from me. My uncle was on the other couch, my aunt was perched against my uncle sitting on the arm of the royal chair.

My dad gestured to his advisor, and photos of bachelors, attached with their biodata and the offer they were making to have me were scattered on the table.

My mind numbed looking at numerous offers.
“There are so many interested bachelors!” Dad spoke, standing from his seat across from me in the living room, on the sofa across from me and sat down beside me,
“I always knew, I raised you right!” he seemed happy and cheerful.

This huge smile, wasn't a guest on his face when I won the piano competition, the academic awards or when I received an offer from America's top music school.

He held the photos closer to the table, “Which one do you like? Samaira? You talked with everyone?” He implored me. Indeed, so many bachelors approached me with their impeccably boring stories.

However, I was raised only to accommodate my father's will and decisions. Despite the man, I would truly feel fit enough to straddle my body on my wedding night only to produce his heir. 

My father will dislike my judgment and assign the man to be my spouse for whatever offer he wants to accept.

He shoved a photo my way, "This one offered his horse ranch," He showed me the photo, but I didn't even spare a glance. And another photo, "This one offered his disabled school," He repeated the same process, and he shoved the third photo but I kept my hand on his wrist.

And raising my eyes from my feet, I faced my father, "Choose whichever deal you find fit, Father." I told him, and he matched my eyes with a buoyant glint in them,

He showed me another photo, it was the huge man who had almost scared me at the party, what was his name?
“Daharthya Rajput, he is offering one of his textile mills near the Jodhgarh border?” He asked me,

“Okay?” I spoke, and my brother appeared from nowhere.

“Sammy,”

“Don't call her that?” Father exploded, his red furious eyes resting on Somvarth, who stood with dead eyes, resigning while they grazed mine.

I didn't say anything, and standing next to Father, I walked around the centre table.
“I am not feeling well, I will take rest, father, accept whoever you decide on,” I informed him, and stepped outside the living room. I went directly to the ballroom.

I glanced at my piano and striking there, I sat down on the bench, my fingers ruminating the keys of the piano, and my eyes ran across the sheet before me. And that day's moonlight sonata was still open.

I didn't even think twice before I started to play the starting tunes on the key, but unfocused I ended up resting my hand on the keys with a long wailing of the piano.

Those dancing musical alphabets on the sheets reminded me of someone's awful positivity in life. I wonder if he also sent me the proposal.

If he was here, he must be looking for a match.

Someone unknown, yet I felt well known, started to replay in my mind. And it's not a reasonable thought.
Not when I am going to marry someone when my father will decide the dealer.

I rested my fingers back on the keys and tried for the next ten minutes. But whenever the tune of love entered in the tragedy. I kept rethinking about that man.
And end up making the piano cry.

I finally decided to take action, and standing on my feet I walked outside and towards the servant working in the corner, I asked her for my mother's whereabouts. Sinking into the information passed on to me by her, I walked inside her bedroom.
"Samaira?" She asked me surprised, it was rare for me to make my presence anywhere.