Maria the Rizzler

Maria and Tenten just stood there for a few moments, staring at each other. Neither really knew how to react to the situation they were in. Tenten was baffled by Maria's appearance, and was confused as to how a woman could be that tall and have teeth that sharp and still be gorgeous as hell. Maria, on the other hand, had much bigger reasons for keeping silent.

'Fuck, I was not expecting to run into a member of Team Gai this early on in the plot. Maybe I could just say hi to be polite and awkwardly shuffle out of here? No, that would be counterproductive. My plan involves getting close to the entire Konoha Twelve and bringing them into Team Badass Motherfucker. This isn't a bad thing, it's just a... new avenue to take things. Plus this way I can meet Neji earlier and speed up my plans for the Hyuuga clan, because that caged bird seal shit needed to be fixed yesterday.', Maria thought as she decided her next course of action. In an instant, she placed a pleasantly surprised and shocked look on her face as she looked at Inoue.

"Wait, Tenten? The Tenten? The student of Maito Gai? You mean to tell me your daughter is that Tenten?", Maria asked the old man. Inoue nodded proudly.

"Yep, that's my girl!", he bragged. Maria turned to Tenten with a fake look of awe.

'Time to use my powers of eloquent bullshitting and rizz to get what I want.'

"I can't believe it! You're really Tenten?! I've heard so much about you! I'm Maria di Angelo, it's so nice to meet you.", Maria told her. Tenten blinked up at her in confusion, but there was a slight blush on her cheeks from the flattery.

"O-oh, you have?", she stuttered. Maria nodded and gave her a smirk, her right hand on her hip.

"Of course I have. Who hasn't heard of Maito Gai's famous students? You're very well known in certain circles.", the pink haired woman said cryptically. Tenten furrowed her brow in confusion.

"What certain circles?", she asked. Maria waved her hand dismissively.

"Oh, you know, among some of the more elite Jonins and those other famous types. My Jonin sensei is Kakashi Hatake, and he's told me quite a bit about his colleagues and their students. Well, more you and your teammates than Gai, in your case. I don't think he's too fond of trying to explain his 'eternal rival' to his students.", the woman effortlessly lied, chuckling a bit at the end. She could imagine Kakashi reacting like that if she ever brought up Gai in conversation. Tenten laughed as well.

"Yeah, Gai-sensei has that effect on people. You said Kakashi was your Jonin sensei? His Genin team is fresh out of the academy, and you look a bit... ", she started to say, before blushing in embarrassment at the rude thing she was about to say. Maria laughed good-naturedly.

"Yeah, I know I'm old. Believe it or not I'm actually a fresh Genin. I enrolled in the academy like two days before graduation and passed the test via sheer willpower and dumb luck.", the pink haired woman joked. Despite her self-deprecating humor, Tenten's widened in awe at the fear the woman in front of her had accomplished.

"Really?! You passed the test after only two days in the academy?! That's impressive! I remember it being really hard!", the brunette complimented. Maria chuckled sheepishly and sweatdropped.

'I wouldn't call a test that had 'x + 5 = 10' as a question 'really hard', kid.', the woman mentally remarked.

"Is that so? Well, I guess I'm just that awesome.", Maria said, trying to keep the sarcasm out of her voice. Then she smirked. She had an idea on how to get close to the girl in front of her.

"Hey, what do you say you and I hang out together? Just the two of us. I don't have any female friends in the village, especially since I'm new here. It would be nice to get to know the infamous Tenten.", Maria suggested. Tenten looked surprised by the offer, but not opposed to it. After a moment, she smiled and nodded.