26: HUMILIATION

"What?" Felicia uttered in disbelief, staring at Alexander with a surprised look hovering on her face. She couldn't believe what he just said, as if she had gone deaf. What is wrong with this man? 

"Shut up," Alexander said, avoiding her gaze, looking towards the opposite direction and didn't bother to speak anything further to which she found it strange for him to act as if they were close.

Like after years of ignoring her pain and her suffering, he decides to become goody-goody with her? What a thick-faced man! It's making her vomit with how he's trying to act like they're friends or whatsoever.

Rachelle shivered, not wanting to be on friendly terms with Alexander. After what he did to the original owner of this body, he's trying to act like nothing happened after the sequent events of accusations. The blaming? Scheming?

But wouldn't it be perfect if Alexander were to choose her over Helena? In that way, not only will Helena receive a fatal blow over Alexander getting close to her, but it would also benefit her, especially if she can use him till the end until he becomes a Duke.

The power surge would shift her way, knowing Alexander has no capabilities when it comes to businesses and investments, he'll have no choice but to ask for help, not from the Duke, not the Duchess, and definitely not Helena who's dumb. But to her, Felicia.

Just thinking about it is making her smile, What if she were to make him the Duke but the power is all hers? Controlling Alexander behind the scenes while owning the responsibilities and work so that she can be in power.

She'll make it look like Alexander is doing all the work but no, she'll control the entire Dukedom to herself, playing the mastermind behind a crime. The scriptwriter behind the play. Isn't it fantastic?

Meanwhile, seeing Felicia smiling, Alexander couldn't help but show his confusion as to why she was smiling to herself. He then thought that she was smiling because of what he said earlier, calling her pretty.

"Why are you smiling? Is it because I complimented you? Are you that happy with a single compliment?" Alexander asks as he stares at Felicia who is smiling over how great her plan is and that is to manipulate him.

"Oh... yes, I am in joy since my eldest brother complimented my look. Good thing Olivia, my maid has a good sense of fashion." Felicia answered as she was caught smiling over her great plan.

'What an assuming man. But let me feed him some delusions in order to have him.' Felicia thought to herself while looking at Alexander's back, showing her sweet smile just to convince him that she was really happy because of him.

"How amusing, is that really what makes you happy? There could be anything in this life that would make you truly happy." Alexander said, boasting about his privilege as the heir to the Dukedom.

But Felicia only responded with a chuckle, as she didn't mind his arrogant remark. If she too has that power, she'd be arrogant too, showing off her title. But this dumb man can't even excel in business, so it's not worth boasting about.

Why did she know about it? Felicia in the book did all of his work being the heir as she received the same education but much harsher than what the two experienced just to have her master the skills. And yet, Felicia still longs for familial love even though she's been used.

And about the mining that he invested in, it's a hoax. The money he invested in the mine has been used by the Baron to escape from fooling the heir. But why is it that these are the only things that she can remember aside from her death?

Where are all those scenes she used to remember disappeared from her thoughts? Why is she slowly forgetting every detail? Is it because she had grown too comfortable with her situation here?