114: THE FUNERAL (2)

"It's funny how people would react to this news and even spread malicious comments about you, sister," Alexander stated as they began to walk her back towards her room, away from the crowd's hateful gazes.

Oh right, they were looking at her as if she created such a mess. Some of them were glaring towards her while others gave her hateful eyes, talking behind their fans and her back.

She has received tons of hate yet she has not received any criticisms or reports about why the crowd is looking at her weirdly.

"What do you mean?" Felicia asked, looking at Alexander who had his gaze focused on what was in front of them rather than looking at her. She could identify that Alexander didn't want to disclose what he heard but she deserves to know anyway.

"They've been telling you that it's your fault and you're the one causing this trouble, the source of bad luck and curse. It gets out of hand but I controlled it already. It seems that someone has the intention to ruin you really bad. I'm guessing it's the common enemy." Alexander stated that made her frown.

What? Source of bad luck and curse? What curse is he talking about? It's making her feel curious but at the same time, she wanted to throw a goddamn table at the crowd's behaviour and beat them up.

It sounds so negative even though she did not understand some part of it. But if it comes from Helena herself then it's damn obvious that it's already ruining her image and her reputation once again.

"They're bringing up the past event and called it a curse. That you're the reason as to why the second Duchess has passed away because you sent her to the convent—"

"Excuse me?! How the hell did they come up with such an idea?! I wasn't even the one who decided that Tyren should stay at the Holy Church to repent for her sins! I didn't recommend it!" She exclaimed in frustration and disbelief.

What the hell? She did the right thing to protect herself yet she's being perceived as an ungrateful child who knows nothing about kindness and lets Tyren fool her and manipulate her.

She was the one who caused such troubles towards Felicia and yet she's getting the blame as to why the Duchess is dead?! How laughable that they think of her so lowly!

She hasn't even taken a proper revenge on that damn woman and she just died just like that? This is out of her hands!

"I understand you so I did everything and it might not be still under completion, but believe me, I had already done of the names and even our employees who spread such rumours and have them removed. Other than that, we received positive feedback so it's at least a win." Alexander responded as he then opened the door for Felicia to enter, before locking it all up to forbid anyone being nosey about them.

"I hate how these people are easy to manipulate using Helena's charm. It's unfair to have a buff like that." She mentioned as she sat on her bed, groaning in exasperation, malding over the rumours.

It's too much, too provocative and too much to handle. If she wasn't strong and was still weak like before, she would've cried over this simple yet very below-the-belt insult and run away.

But of course, she's not the same person she was before, completely more refined, knowledgeable and different from who she was before.

"Don't worry. They're not that threatening yet. Not unless they began to claim you're a witch or so." Alexander laughed and soon fell into silence after being glared at by Felicia who wasn't happy at all with this happening.

"Anyway... It's still suspicious that Tyren has died even though a month has passed ever since the Duke sent her away to recover and rethink her decisions. It's highly unlikely for her to commit suicide when she's about to come home." Felicia asked as she looked at Alexander who was caught by her sudden realization.