69: SPREADING LIES

As the session continued, Rachelle could only focus her eyes on the statue of the Goddess, avoiding the eyes that stared at her. It's irking her but she has to act as if she doesn't care about it or she's unaware of their stares.

Specially Constantine who stared at her with such eyes that just screamed how he was craving to talk to her. Meanwhile, she hadn't seen Liam anywhere and she didn't bother at all.

Meanwhile, Helena was sitting next to the Pope who was currently preaching about good and bad, reciting the good deeds that the Goddess blessed them.

Then Felicia's eyes landed on the man standing next to Helena, flaunting his armour while looking ever so proud, flexing the sword that he had in his hips. This son of a bitch looks so damn proud about faking honours.

She snorts, it's funny how they're trying to make this play into believing that the man is born to serve the Saintess, manipulating the crowds that it was a blessing for a knight to pull the sword and already call him a Hero.

He didn't even have worthy achievements to call him a hero, might as well claim that he is already a Hero just because of a mighty sword. She wanted to laugh at them at the same time she wanted to pull the sword and make a ruckus.

Suddenly, the Pope called the so-called knight and made him kneel in front of him with his sword in his hand. He bows his head in front of the Holy Eminence, awaiting his blessing.

The Pope then grabbed the holy water from the tray and began pouring it on the man's head while uttering some prayers and bathing the knight in holy water.

"He's cleansing the knight," Alexander whispered silently while trying not to remove his eyes from the Pope praying earnestly for the knight. Meanwhile, Felicia didn't respond as he was fixated on the way the Pope had put on a show in which she concluded that it was hard to unmask him.

Especially through these powers of his, he's able to gather worshippers from nobles to commoners.

"I bless this man to become the Hero who will protect us from any calamities. I bless this man to continue to guide the path for our beloved Saintess, and for this man to devote himself to the Saintess." The Pope announced as he put the Holy water back in the tray and extended his hand, placing it on the man's head.

"I bless this creature to guide the Saintess in the right way, for him to protect the Saintess at all cost, to dedicate his life for the goodness of our beloved Saintess." He added, smiling softly at the man who beamed with pride.

The so-called Hero had wrapped himself in the web of a poisonous spider, unable to escape from its fangs. Rachelle was flabbergasted while maintaining to act straight. Are the people in here stupid?

The Knight should be dedicating his life to his faith in the Goddess and the Kingdom. Yet here he is, swearing to dedicate his life to the Saintess only, which is very abnormal.

"How preposterous," Rachelle muttered to herself as she smiled over the scene right in front of her. It was interesting, yes, but this just concludes that this man is officially one of her enemies that she needs to look out for.

Especially since everyone is now regarding him as a Hero who will help them stray far from evil.

"You shall lead the Saintess in a life where there is no evil. Evil is lurking everywhere, trying to covet what the Saintess owns. Therefore please, protect her  That is what the Goddess tasks you." The Pope added, patting the man's back as he helped the man stand up.

The moment he started to discuss evilness, the Pope's eyes then looked at Rachelle as if he meant she was the evil lurking around and coveting the things that Helena owns.