61: SHAMED ON PUBLIC

"Tell me, Madame Norwagen —"

"Call me Nanny dear. It's not like we don't have any history together." The Baroness demanded, such a sweet voice on her tone, trying to persuade her into something which made Rachelle smile at her.

"Alright, Nanny." She agreed, shaking her head lightly. "Will this really suffice?" She asked as she looked at Olivia, signalling her to give the bag towards the Baroness who was really craving wealth at this point.

She couldn't even stop staring at the bag with her eyes sparkling in desire, wanting to run away with the money altogether with his son who also couldn't stop looking at the heavy bag.

These fools, greed knows no bounds. Their eyes really said it.

"Of course, thank you so much for helping me, dearest." She said, slipping the word out of her tongue which then she flashed with alarm, laughing it off. "We will never forget this help we received from you, dearest." She added as if she was trying to change what she said earlier.

"Don't worry, Nanny Hildegard. It's just a small matter. As long as you pay me back, I will always continue to help you." She mumbled, holding the old woman's hand tenderly while playing her character as a kind woman.

Seems like everyone had gotten some idea about her sudden appearance. It's to help her former nanny. Everyone started to feel like they were being too judgemental towards the woman whom everyone claimed was the devil who killed her matter.

She was kind and caring towards the Baroness and even lent them money. Somehow, without Rachelle knowing about what was happening in her surroundings, every customer who knew her started to change their views of her.

And Olivia noticed it by how everyone kept on glancing at them with their eyes wanting to pry about this business of theirs.

"Oh... I forgot I have to go to the bathroom. Would it be okay if I could leave you with my son?" The Baroness asked as she stood up from her seat, looking at Rachelle with the most insincere apologetic look.

Rachelle nodded her head like the good girl that she was, pretending that it was okay. "Sure thing, Nanny." She answered, looking at the man who kept on looking like her with such eyes that disgusted her.

"Oh goody, I'll leave the two of you." She said and left the room, carrying the bag secretly despite Rachelle already noticing it. Rachelle thinks that she will secretly find an exit to leave her alone with this guy.

"So uh, how are you, my Lady?" Lowell asked, trying to strike up a conversation between the two of them. He had this awkward smile yet was very interested in her.

"I am better than fine, Sir. So what made you choose your course?" She asked, looking straight into his eyes to see what antics they had prepared for her.

"Ah, I am actually one of the top students right now at the academy. I am intelligent after all, that's why I made it to the Academy. I chose the course because..."

He was talking nonstop, boasting and taking pride in his merits in the academy. Which really sounds like some falsified information that he just made up in order to impress her.

Even if it is true, it's failing abysmally. She's not even interested in him. Not even a little bit.

While he was talking a lot, all Rachelle could do was nod her head, and smile like a doll in front of him while begging the Goddess to stop this nonsense because it was getting worse. She could feel her ears bleeding already because of his bullshits.

"Ah! Are you engaged, my Lady?" He suddenly asked, making Rachelle put down her teacup. She was holding it earlier, wanting to smash it directly into his head but that would be bad, right?