74: WITNESSED

"You're... Not surprised?" Rachelle asked as she stared at him. Why isn't he surprised after she revealed such a thing in front of him?

"I'm surprised. I have a hunch already about who you are. The first thing that made me think is that you're actively searching for the sword. You might have fooled everyone with your lie, but I wasn't. That's because you're too suspicious." He answered, chuckling as if he wasn't taking this seriously at all.

"Although I was already expecting some sort of a revelation that would happen. I was still at the church when I heard the garden in which the sword of the Goddess resides was closed and everyone was banned from entering. Plus the fact that I felt the ground shake just after I took you there, is already confirming or rather, building up my suspicions about you." He added, explaining why he wasn't shocked like how everyone would react if she were to tell them about what happened.

"I see... I was a bad liar. No worries, I'll fix this trait of mine so that I can lie fluently." Rachelle answered as she nodded her head, didn't know how to react after he accurately figured it out on his own.

So does that mean all the people inside the church knew as well or is it just him?

"Did the people—"

"No. Some priests just told them that it was an earthquake therefore people didn't feel suspicious about it. They didn't dare to question the priests so they just left their curiosity alone. After all, if the entire holy church is your enemy, then they wouldn't let the public know that the sword had been removed from its post." He explained.

"But I must say, I was really flabbergasted knowing that you are the Saintess blessed by the Goddess. Is it possible to have two Saintesses at once or are you one of you a fraud? Because it's impossible for two individuals to become Saintesses." Liam asked, couldn't help his curiosity overtake him.

The fact that the lady in front of him is the Saintess could prove that she is by just having the sword alone. Of course, the others before her couldn't even lift the sword but we're bestowed with each individual's ability as the Saintesses.

But, it was the first time someone pulled out the sword without exerting any strength and she did it with ease. No wonder the church is panicking over the discovery that there's another Saintess.

Much worse, it's Helena's sister.

"Helena. she's a fraud. Believe it or not, whenever she uses her healing abilities, it seems that it shows no improvement at all. She tried healing Tyren and everyone else in front of me, but the magic she showed was so weak that even I couldn't feel how it didn't do anything towards the recipient." She answered, stating her observations about Helena's finding.

"How can you say that?" He asked, trying to see the point in her words. "Because I've been there. She used her magic on me but it's weak, unlike mine where I can just slice my skin," she said as she raised the sword on her hand, letting it cross her palm, making it bleed.

Liam who saw the courage of doing this let out a wince even though he wasn't the one who was injured. "You didn't have to do that!" He exclaimed, surprised with how brazen she acted when it came to decision-making.

"Relax." She said as she spread out her wounded palm, wishing for it to be healed instantly. A ray of light embraced her palm, leaving no trace of the wound that she had inflicted on herself as a way to prove how Helena's magic is weaker even though she's been the Saintess for years now.

As her eyes set on Liam after staring at her palm which she had sliced off earlier, looking clean with no wound left. It's as if the wound was not even there if not for some of it dropping on her trouser.