49: FELICIA'S OFFER

"Pardon me but how? Anyone wouldn't want to associate with a commoner. And if even I am to be a patron of my own, I do not possess a large quantity of money to begin with. It won't work, My Lady." Yulie said, immediately giving up before not giving it a thought.

Rachelle could see her sadness as she immediately turned down her request. Seems like she has been trying to accumulate a Patron however she couldn't find one for years.

"What do you mean, it won't work?" Rachelle smirked which made Yulie look confused. Rachelle sounded so confident, even positive that this would work. "What if I were to tell you that I'm interested in making you bloom more?" She asked.

Olivia arrived with refreshments, put them on the table and poured the two teas into their teacup. "Olivia, can you get me my stationery, please? A piece of paper and a pen will do." She added, looking at Olivia as she lifted her teacup and drank once more.

"Yes, my lady." Olivia commended and went out once again of the parlour tree to grab whatever Felicia wished to have. She just came back but got sent away once again.

"Now, where were we? Oh yes. I want to become your patron, but if you're uncomfortable with having someone as your boss, then why not become a boss of your own?" She asked, picking a cake from the 3 tier cake stand.

"What?" Yulie's ears seem to become deaf with her offer. It sounded so ridiculous hearing that. She went silent, flabbergasted with her offer. Where the hell can she find such a big amount of money to shoulder?

"Oh, but thinking of it, I don't want to handle working. Patrons basically own people so I won't do it to you." She said, slicing the cake that she got. "Instead, I will make you a patron yourself. You don't want to be controlled by someone, right?" She asked.

Her eyes were like those of snakes, preying and observant. Despite her calm demeanour, Yulie felt like she was trapped in a powerful aura that hid behind Felicia's facade. The young woman who was not even in her 20s made her feel like she was being watched by an unknown force.

"A-A Patron requires nobility privileges, My Lady. I am simply nothing but a commoner. I am not a noble at the least so I don't think it'll work." She tried to sound firm knowing the danger looms in this room.

She didn't know why she would feel danger with the young Lady at all. She clearly looks like she could be blown by a powerful gust of wind. But something else seems very unclear to her.

"Oh dear, that's not a problem at all," Rachelle answered, chuckling at her small concern. She hadn't spent her gold at all except for the dresses that is. Other than that, it's rusting in her account.

"Didn't I say that I would make you a patron of your own? I will provide you with the money to acquire a position of your own. Let's say, for example, a money worth to become a Viscountess?" She suggested, her fingers on the rim of her teacup, looking straight into Yulie's eyes to show that she was not joking.

Appalled by how brazen this sounds like, something inside Yulie was starting to like where this is going. Of course, she was speechless and all, but the offer was too good to resist knowing that it would make her much more powerful than before.

"Before anything else, My Lady but why are you doing this to me? You could've picked someone else to become one of your people. But to a worthless commoner—"

"Can you stop berating yourself? If you want to become at the top, be confident and think about every opportunity that has been given to you. You're not worthless. You're simply a gem hidden amongst the rocks that surround you. Your potential for me is limitless, I can tell you that." Rachelle cut her off before she could berate herself.