Chapter 14

No One's POV

The night was full and the moon was shining just so brightly as someone's new polished shoes, the stars were no less. They were also shining in their out most beauty as if they were competing with each other but the girl who stepped out of her carriage, clutching the skirt of her dress to lift it a little so as to prevent falling out did the shine of the moon and stars together.

She entered the ballroom in her deep blue dress which was so deep that people who saw it can mistake it for being black. As soon as she stepped inside all the heads turned towards the mesmerising beauty who looked just a goddess descended from heaven.

Katherine walked with grace between the people not even paying attention to the gossips and the jealous stares she got from other girls the only thing on her mind was to find her fiancée so she can dissolve the engagement before it gets announced.

Even though she was very beautiful and the young men wanted to approach her they didn't as they all knew about the beauty of Grand Duke's adopted daughter who was as cold as the River of Frozen Death.

The said cold beauty walked gracefully giving off her usual cold aura which clearly said that approaching her will be like digging your own grave.

Contrast to aura she was rather worried that she will not be able to find Xander before the announcement.

Among the crowd she saw Lucas coming towards her with the biggest of smile on his face. Anyone who saw him like this was in grave shock that the young master of the Ecart family can even smile. They really can't believe their own eyes.

Lucas approached Katherine feeling really happy after seeing his beloved sister after so many years.

"Kathy, how are you?" he asked her.

"I am fine, what about things at home" she asked.

"Everyone misses you a lot and especially father, he was so happy to know that you will be arriving soon. It was really difficult to stop him from rushing here" he said.

She was still looking Un-bothered but inside she was shocked by the circumstances. Suddenly remembering something she asked "Where are the others?"

"Ivan and Rosa are going to arrive in a while, Alisteir and Drake might be launging here and there only"

"What about Xander?" when Katherine asked this his face morphed into a frown and he said "He might not be attending the ball"

"Why?" Katherine asked confused.

"You don't know?"

"What I don't know?"

"Maybe you entered the kingdom before things happened" he said to himself.

"You said anything?" she asked.

"Let me tell you. A few days ago we got a message that the king's condition has detrioting more and more so he went to see his father but two days ago there was a news that the king has died and Xander will be crowned the king and until he finishes his studies his mother is gonna take care of the kingdom" he told her.

Katherine took some time for the information to sink in. It was a sad thing as it can be difficult for Xander as she doesn't think that his mother will give up so easily on making her son the king she thought.

Lucas also saw the worry in her eyes which came for just a second was getting upset because he guessed that the worry was directed towards him.

"I will go and get myself something to eat" Katherine said and went to sit in some corner with her favorite cake in her hands.

As soon as she was about to take a bite the cake was snatched away from her hands. She looked up to see the culprit-who stole her cake-smiling as he ate it himself .

"Hey , it was mine" she said hitting him in the shoulder.

"You will get fat if you eat so much sweets" Drake said still eating the cake but it was snatched off his hand by Alistair who gave another cake to Katherine. She gave him a smile and pulled out her tongue at Drake before sitting again. Alisteir smiled but Drake just rolled his eyes at her childlike behaviour but laughed afterwards.

Soon it was time to dance and Ivan and Rosa entered the hall together and did the first dance and later the announcement of their engagement was made by Ivan.

Katherine danced with Lucas and was really relieved that Xander might not be coming so there engagement will not become official. But her thoughts were proved wrong as, as soon as after finishing her dance she turned she came face to face with Xander who was on one knee and said "Can I have the to dance with my Perfect Fiancée" he said fiancée like he was telling everyone in the room that this girl is taken so they should not think anything.

To Katherine it was like her world shattered, he said the word Fiancée like he already knew that she wanted call off their engagement and he is daring her to do so.

Before she can even reply to her request he took her hand and swirled her to the dance floor. As they were dancing he wispered in her ear "You have become even more beautiful since the last time I saw you, I better find a way to keep the other bees away from my flower"

For sometime she just stared at him then replied "This flower also has thorns so be careful or you will get pricked"

"Don't worry Ice Queen I will be just too careful" he said with a smirk.

As the song ended Katherine tried to pulled her hand out of his hold but he pulled her closer and said "We have met after so much time but you still want to go away so quickly, better that now you are engaged to me you should know this that I will not let you out of my sight ever" and he kissed her on her cheek before disappearing in the crowd leaving her nervous.

_______________

A/n: Hi Guys I'm back, safe and sound. I hope you'll like this chapter.